LegacyGT.com

Special finish, bad to wax??

So i was told by my dealer that my new legacy Se will have a special finish on it, which is actually bad to wax frequently. I can't believe this, and i'm waiting to talk to him more about it, but what do you all think, BS??

It's probably the "rust protection" they put on your car, charged you for it, and you didn't even know it.

I'd be very surprised if a dealer does this for free. The vendors pay them big bucks to push that stuff, they don't give anything away.

Ok, first off, the dealer doesn't know what he's talking about.

What he MIGHT think he's telling you - The paint is too new to wax and you should wait until it's done curing before you apply product. There is SOME truth to this, but isn't going to be the case for a car from the factory. This will be true more for re-sprays where you truly have fresh paint.

He might also be talking about the "paint protection" program some dealers use. All it is is a paint sealant. There is nothing wrong with applying a wax over a sealant. Detailers do it all the time to get a particular "look" by layering certain products.

Does the Legacy still come in Satin White Pearl? Maybe he thinks it's a Satin finish paint? :lol:

Archived