LegacyGT.com

Fastest stock-exhaust LGT?

You'll probably only see Stage 1 GTs, which wont be anything impressive. Maybe 200-230hp at most, similar torque figures.

Any power mods with a stock DP will try to push too much pressure through the stock cats and DP. Because of the large restriction caused by these you can get too much back pressure for the engine and can be damaging, hence you wont see much aggressive modding with the stock UP and DP.

Hmm.. I've got 275awhp on Yimi's dyno with stock up dp and catback. VF-52, perrin tmic, bpv and 3-port. I'll be putting on an ewg setup with a screamer pipe to get rid of some of that pressure though. Maybe gutting the first cat.

Huh. Well didn't know you could get that much with the stock DP and cats, nice.

I have heard of another Kiwi guy who tried to flash stage 2 with all stock (catless UP though, facelift model) and the back pressure at one point during a pull cause some sort of surge and starved the engine for a few seconds. He got a catless DP pretty quick after that.

Hmm.. I've got 275awhp on Yimi's dyno with stock up dp and catback. VF-52, perrin tmic, bpv and 3-port. I'll be putting on an ewg setup with a screamer pipe to get rid of some of that pressure though. Maybe gutting the first cat.

275whp with 3 OEM cats and on CA91oct?? :confused:

Here is a virtual dyno run I did this morning. Actually fairly close hp/tq readings to a regular dynojet dyno. I'm in SLC near 4,500ft in elevation with 91 octane. I added the weight of myself and my almost full tank of gas. Notice how the lack of air makes the turbo fall on its face after 5,000rpm. Love altitude...

11163549_Loganstage12010LGT3rdgear9-9-13.jpg.f5114588902c0f4c6e3d95098e0c20f3.jpg

Keep in mind, comparing dyno numbers is kind of useless. Each is going to read differently and should be used as a base point for gains, while tuning. The real test would be trap speed at 1/4 mile. Otherwise it just turns into an argument of meaningless numbers.

275whp is impressive with a VF52 and stock exhaust?

It is, but the IC and BCS are also upgraded.

I would get rid of that up pipe asap. it won't be worth gutting as the catalytic material, in the up pipe, is made out of freaking stone. I did one... took forever! The dp cat, right after the turbo is much easier. much softer material. Although I would just go with a full tbe set up, unless you're keeping it stock for a reason?

Yep I've got a GS ewg setup bought and ready to slap on. Also having my WRX HKS flatflange catless dp modified to fit. I'm trying to keep the car as stock looking and quiet as possible but still flow nicely. The tuner said the car "really needs a downpipe" and another told me the EGT's are probably off the charts. I've landed on keeping stock post-dp except for some quiet aftermarket custom mufflers. I've seen them gutted and they look RESTRICTIVE as hell. I think that setup should be the best compromise for flow and quiet.

Archived