LegacyGT.com

3.0r trans swap

i have a 08 leggy 3.0r, im interested in finding posts or hearing about someone who has converted this car to a 6spd. i like the car as is but i kind of wish we got the aussie version which already has a 6spd w/r180 diff.

i have a 6spd trans and rear from my crashed sti that i purchased back from the insurence company i've since sold everything except the trans diff and computer, so i'm looking into this being i already have the bulk of the expensive parts. also does anyone know of a front sway bar for the 08 3.0 thanks in advance,

p.s i welcome haters since after all this is the internet:lol:

It would be a straight swap, just like any other 5EAT->5/6MT.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

how ever im sue you will have issues with check engine light and cruise and sport light.

us 2.5gt guys who do the swap have the ability to switch to an ecm and dash from a mt car you will not be able to do so since they are not availiable other than jdm and those would probably have other issues.

so mecanically it can easily be done.. but to get rid of the blinking lights and make the cruise control work i see issues with that.

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

In for results and relevance!!! Have been tossing around the idea of such a swap in my 2004 Outback (EZ30D).

From the research I've done, the thing you will have the most trouble with will be making the engine recognize that the car is a manual instead of an auto. There might be some problems with the TCM, which could also have an effect on the car's ABS and cruise control systems. It'll probably require some wiring, but it should be doable.

Although actually, since the Australian EZ30R's came with 6MT's, you could probably just pick up an Australian TCM and be basically good to go hahaha.

Either way though, keep us updated!!! Good luck!

Was just thinking the same thing, so will likely need a plug-in that mimics the TCM - similar to (but on a much larger scale) the EGT resistor plug-in setup for the 05-06 LGT UPs.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

^ but its not that easy .. its looking for dynamic variables. the only thing i can think of right now is have the ecm think its in neutral.

but cruise would be disabled. and and and.

its similar to my case since i will go to stand alone tcu. so i need to convert the ecm and dash to a mt car so i can unplug the tcu. have my cruise control and abs working. then allow the stand alone tcu to control the 5 eat

What about the turbine speed sensor ? And all the solonoids ?

What do you mean witch rom ? It's the original one that I disabled all the p codes that I could disable

If you mean build # I'd have to look. But timming shift retard I'm not real concerned about since my timming is controlled by mega squirt

I could load a rom image from a mt car that I do have an image. But I was under the impression the imobilizer would get screwed up of you actually loaded a rom from another car.

If you load the image from a mt car or changed the ecm from a mt car then the dash needs to be changed also because the dash is looking for other address on the can network.

what did you hate about it? i wish you could drive my car ...

but i would think a 3.0 5 eat would be much better for city driving a 2.5gt 5 eat is just because of the horrible turbo lag.

but 3.8 buick v6 5 eat is a different story. :)

what did you hate about it? i wish you could drive my car ...

but i would think a 3.0 5 eat would be much better for city driving a 2.5gt 5 eat is just because of the horrible turbo lag.

but 3.8 buick v6 5 eat is a different story. :)

Slow shifting, slushy, not positive shifts. We (wife also) thought we wanted to switch to an AT but it was not to be.

Funny, my son has an 03 Saab 95 with the 3.0T and I really like the AT in that car.

Archived