LegacyGT.com

HD Bilsteins from Tirerack

jagcars26

Has anybody actually tried these? Preferably with pinks on a wagon.Are they the same as the OEM SOA Bilstiens or any of the JDM versions?

They sure do seem somewhat more reasonable then most dealers/vendors at around $570 shipped for the four corners.

I do know that I would need the front tops etc etc fr the install.

Thanks in advance:)

Note: Front left fitment. Heavy duty. **Warning** This fitment requires Spec B upper mounts. Customer must purchase those from the dealership. Rods will not be long enough if Spec B upper mounts are not used.

so this one can't be used with non spec b right

Note: Front left fitment. Heavy duty. **Warning** This fitment requires Spec B upper mounts. Customer must purchase those from the dealership. Rods will not be long enough if Spec B upper mounts are not used.

You can use them on a GT, you just need SB top hats.

http://www.fredbeansparts.com/servlet/the-989/Subaru-Legacy-Spec-B/Detail

jagcars26...where have you been.:spin:

BTW...I have JDM GT REV A's which are similar to HD's. I'm using them with Swifts. If you want a ride, let me know...I'm about 15-20 minutes from Bel Air...and looking to move up that way.

Guys...the search button is your friend ;)

I allready know that,,read my original post. What I'm trying to do is save a few bucks here.

Tirerack Bilsteins= $570 shipped

Spec B front tops=$125.00

$675 versus $835 Fred Bean/Jeremy

I allready have the pinks.What else would I need?

I allready know that,,read my original post. What I'm trying to do is save a few bucks here.

Tirerack Bilsteins= $570 shipped

Spec B front tops=$125.00

$675 versus $835 Fred Bean/Jeremy

I allready have the pinks.What else would I need?

Well I was wondering the same thing...both the guys at Rallitek & Tirerack seemed to think the struts come from Bilstein with everything you need save the tophats. I'll let you know in about a week when my HDs from Tirerack come in. Don't know what else Bean is including for the kit price besides tophats.

I'm using Bilstein HDs with Swifts; got them from Fred Beans and like 'em a lot...the Fred Bean deal comes with spring seats, nuts, and other bits that, as I recall, you'd otherwise have to pull off the stock struts.

FWIW, both the Swifts and Pinks will give you a bit more noticeable sag on a wagon; it's more noticeable on the lower Swifts, but it's there with Pinks, too. I installed Paranoid Fabrications's 3/8" saggy butt shims in the back (replacing the tophat studs with longer ones), and I think it's much improved. If you search "saggy butt shims" you'll find the thread on it.

sorry...this forum practically blows goat nuts so im not always on here.
Team Pony Express

POSTED FROM MY COMPUTER USING A WEB BROWSER

Well I was wondering the same thing...both the guys at Rallitek & Tirerack seemed to think the struts come from Bilstein with everything you need save the tophats. I'll let you know in about a week when my HDs from Tirerack come in. Don't know what else Bean is including for the kit price besides tophats.

I include:

Front SPEC-B Strut Tops, Nuts, Dust Seals, Spacers/Washers, & Spring Seats.

Rear Strut Tops, Nuts, Washers/Spacers, Dust Seals, & Spring Seats

A lot of this can be re-used from your stock set up, but our kit allows you to keep your old struts in tact, rather then break down the old units to re-use the parts.

And yes Hans I searched,not many guys with wagons are using the HDTirerack Bilsteins/with pinks ,,lotsa JDM and SOA Bilstein though;)

Search for Bilstein HDs, not "HD Tirerack Bilsteins." :rolleyes: You will find many threads. This is one of the most extensive threads:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54289&highlight=bilstein

For the rear "sag" (just due to the cut of the wheel arch) people have had luck with ION HD springs in the rear...also you can select the AUTO springs which are either a tad longer or firmer so the butt doesn't "sag" as much. The rates and drop are similar to Swift. PM Jack at ION performance.

hm for $570, this has got me thinking about getting these struts as well

I just got off the phone with Jeremy at Fred Bean Subaru to order the front specB strut tops and dust caps only and was intending to buy the Bilsteins from Tirerack.

I'll just say I'm getting the tops,dust caps and the Bilstiens from Fred Bean:D So don't count Jeremy out when pricing the Bilsteins out as a stand alone item.;)

Now all I need are the butt shims and the longer rear studs and I'm good to go.

Thanks to all who helped in this thread.

Check out the Koni's too. Designed to work with your current top hats and they're rebound adjustable.

Tirerack has them on sale as does www.shox.com.

Crucial has them too...

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109606

Cheers!

+1 , and there's no sagging rear if you use STI pink springs.

Search for Bilstein HDs, not "HD Tirerack Bilsteins." :rolleyes: You will find many threads. This is one of the most extensive threads:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54289&highlight=bilstein

Thank you,that is exactly what I needed.:wub:

Definitely a lot of great information here! Thank you. I was thinking about getting Bilstein HDs for my car as well.

And yes Hans I searched,not many guys with wagons are using the HDTirerack Bilsteins/with pinks ,,lotsa JDM and SOA Bilstein though;)

I'm using Bilstein HDs/pinks, although I got them from allshocks.com before tirerack started selling them. if you want to see how the car sits using JDM pinks (without extra pads) let me know. i'm in elkridge and i work in owings mills.

Archived