LegacyGT.com

HELP!! Can't pick 08 LGT vs. 2005 G35 Coupe

basbal241b

ok...this summer/fall im getting a car..im 24...so i want something that looks good and is fun to drive while im still young w/ no kids (the G35)...but the more practical side of me say go with the GT

I live in NJ so snow is a factor...which is one con of the G35...can any owners of the G35 coupe help me with the chose...how bad is it in the snow and rain...still driveable if driven w/ caution??

P.S. the reason the year dif. is bc im getting a deal on a slightly used 08 legacy (it will be a DTM) so the prices are about the same between the 2 cars.

I helped my buddy to get his G35 sedan by convencing his mother that G35 is equimpted with tracion control, and it's great in snow. lol. He had to drive to work although snow was terrible in New York city this winter. He told me he had mastered G35 in snow with some practice, well i say he was bs me. lol.

I narrowed my car search down to the same two cars. For me the pros of the G35 are.

Absolutely beautiful body style.

Great engine thats been around and reliable

Women drool over this car. ;)

Obviously there are more pros to this car than I listed but these are the ones that stand out above the LGT

Cons on G35

Insurance for me was $600 more a year than the LGT. Im 29 with a good record so your may have an even bigger price jump

Like you said rear wheel drive really limits you, but if I had a G35 it wouldnt see the snow anyway

LGT Pros

I actually had more fun driving this than the G35.

I love AWD cars.

4 doors in nice to have.

Cons

only person that know its fast is you:lol:

Not a great looking car. Sorry guys.

Sorry im not much help either. If I was I would be able to pick one for myself:lol:

I am 100% satisfied with my Legacy GT - for $650 you can make it pretty dang fast over stock. To me, a BRAND NEW car would be way better than one that's been dogged by someone else for a while.

No diggity the G35 is nice, but it's a few years old and not as fast.

Garret

2 diffrent kinds of cars. on the subaru it depends on what you want for 08 2.5 turbo or 3.0 non turbo. there is also a new spec-b which is kick azz. personally id go with the 08 spec-b, i have a 07 and love it dearly. ive had audi's and bmw's and this is by far my favorate. plus you get all of us subaru whores!!!:spin:

I drove a G35 sedan too. I didn't have as much fun driving it as I do my Legacy.

The G35 is quieter at highway speeds and looks better, but the steering was a deal breaker for me. The Legacy GT is just more fun if you're into the whole steering feel thing.

I live in Alabama. So, snow isn't a concern with me. If I was on the fence and lived up north, I'd definitely go with the Legacy. The Legacy even has the heated wipers and exterior mirrors for snow storms. It's built for that weather.

That G35 sure is a looker though. It will be outdated as soon as the G37's start hitting the road too. I guess it looks exactly like the 2007 G35 body style.

Good luck...

my friend had the g35 and he just sold it because of how horrible it was in the snow. He turned it sideways one night in the snow and went down into a ditch. That's the only complaint he had about it... which is a big one to have here in snowy chicago. With the legacy I feel like I could drive through a hurricane and not be worried. You never realize how nice awd is until you own it.

2 diffrent kinds of cars. on the subaru it depends on what you want for 08 2.5 turbo or 3.0 non turbo. there is also a new spec-b which is kick azz. personally id go with the 08 spec-b, i have a 07 and love it dearly. ive had audi's and bmw's and this is by far my favorate. plus you get all of us subaru whores!!!:spin:

I have my name on a 08 2.5GT auto....i love the spec b but dont want stick...i live in a high traffic area....its a pain to drive in with stick

I live in the Chicagoland area and one of the techs I used to work with has a G35 coupe that he put snow tires on and drives it year round. First off if you at all plan on driving it in snow...........snow tires are a definate must. He is a very good driver and even with the snow tires almost lost it a few times. Not only that, but since the car is low he bottoms out a lot (his is lowered, but even when it was stock he'd bottom it out in anything more then 2" of snow). I'm in the same boat since I live where it snows it ruins a lot of cars that would be my first picks.

How tall are you, 6 feet ? are you legs long ? if yes, then get a G35, it offers you more leg room. LGT is a bit tight for me, cause they didn't do a goog job when converting right hand drive as in Japan, to left hand drive in U.S.

I know you have brought your choices down to these 2 but being single why not a Vette??

Not a huge fan of this color combo but it's a smoking deal on a low mileage Z06. You might be able to get the car for 32-33K:):):)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevrolet-Corvette-Z06-Chevrolet-Corvette-Z06-w-commemorative-edition-stripes_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6168QQihZ011QQitemZ320103540050QQrdZ1

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

The G35 does give off that poser vibe doesn't it? It's like the nice performance car for people who really don't know anything about cars. They buy it because it looks good and the ladies like it :).

a StgII LGT will blow the doors off any G35 and leave that tool and his gf with a red face. "Why did you let that Camry beat you?"

I'm not a big fan of American muscle but if you're worried about driving in the snow a Vette might not be the way to go....

I had the G35 (coupe and sedan) as one of my choices as well but one of the reasons I like the LGT was the AWD and there weren't 50 of them on the street. I could actually find my car in a parking lot. I don't think the Camry comes in ABP. :lol:
I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

Archived