LegacyGT.com

Updated Legacy Details

This info is from secorsubaru on Nasioc: Tire pressure monitoring on all 05's,nav IS coming as a late intro on the 05's.Rear seats do NOT fold down on the sdn's. No MacIntosh,OnStar is gone too. [url]http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=535179&perpage=25&pagenumber=1[/url] I wonder how much the Navi is going to be?

I heard the same about the tire pressure monitoring as well. Also, I wonder if anything was said about HIDs. I know it isn't a necessity, and I can live without it. Just curious, that's all. :-P
-ben

[quote name='SteVTEC']FYI, I believe tire pressure monitoring systems is required by law. I forget what the deadline is, but I think it has to be on all cars by 05/06 model year or something.[/quote] Great more gadgets to cause CELs/more expensive and make things more idiot-resistant because a lot of people are too ignorant not to notice when they have a low/flat tire. Only way I'd want it is if it actually gave me a readout compensated for temp difference to the tenth of a pound. (Good race feature.) I just hate how everything has to be idiot-resistant.

[quote]I just hate how everything has to be idiot-resistant. [/quote] I hear you SUBE. I can't believe all the people I see driving around with nearly flat tires. Most seem to be SUV's too. And they wonder why their vehicles are prone to rollovers!?! :roll: :roll: -Ian

Tire pressure monitoring is a valuable thing. Sometimes, even us enthusiasts run over something en route to our destination, and a tire goes down or develops a slow leak. It isn't just cases of neglect that necessitate this. I consider it valuable information. Yes, I check my pressure weekly, and do a walk around of the car, but such things are impossible on the move, and with all of the road debris and crap out there, I'd much rather know a tire is suddenly going down, than have to wait to find out until it's too late. I bet the nav is going to be spendy. In the JDM market, it's something like $3,000. In the USDM, generally, on cars that offer nav, it's something around a $2,000 option. My money says that people are going to complain about how expensive it is, once the information about its cost is known. It should be free, after all, like the HID option. :lol: Kevin

[quote name='gtguy']My money says that people are going to complain about how expensive it is, once the information about its cost is known. It should be free, after all, like the HID option. :lol: Kevin[/quote] No doubt the Navi will be spendy. I agree those things should be free and the cost should be under $28K for GT-L. No cost STi option should also be available. :) As for the tire pressure monitor, from what I gather it is going to be another idiot light that comes on when a the pressure drops below a certain point. What it doesn't tell you is what the tire pressure. It may not even indicate what tire is low.

[quote name='ha-evolution']As for the tire pressure monitor, from what I gather it is going to be another idiot light that comes on when a the pressure drops below a certain point. What it doesn't tell you is what the tire pressure. It may not even indicate what tire is low.[/quote] Something is better than nothing. We'll know what form the monitoring system takes soon. I haven't heard any details or speculation about it. Kevin

[quote name='Th3Franz']I'd get an aftermarket nav solution for that price.. Pioneer AVIC-N1 or Eclipse nav/DVD anyone? :D[/quote] AVIC-N1 is sweet and definately worth the price. The reverse camera display is cool. It would be perfect if it had a boost gauge display.

Seeing the NAV system apparently appearing as a late edition makes me wonder if SOA did in fact take notice of some of the "whining" that was taking place across the various forums about the USDM legacy...

[quote name='P2x']Seeing the NAV system apparently appearing as a late edition makes me wonder if SOA did in fact take notice of some of the "whining" that was taking place across the various forums about the USDM legacy...[/quote] I can almost guarantee no. Subaru isn't a stupid company. They realize the market that they are intending the Legacy to play in and further, realize that a navigation system is becoming part and parcel of that playground. And trust me, if my dealer is any indication, dealers are shouting far more loudly (and effectively) about a lack of navigation than anybody on any message board. Kevin

so what subaru really means is the new legacy has a tire pressure WARNING system. if it were an actualy MONORTORING system it would read out the display of the tire pressure indicating what pis it is at. If what gtguy said is to be true(just another idiot light) then its nothin more than an on/off switch stating "too low" or "normal". and that is not very accurate, there is a lot of play between "normal" versus "too low" to be safe. get my drift

[quote name='gtguy'][quote name='P2x']Seeing the NAV system apparently appearing as a late edition makes me wonder if SOA did in fact take notice of some of the "whining" that was taking place across the various forums about the USDM legacy...[/quote] I can almost guarantee no. Subaru isn't a stupid company. They realize the market that they are intending the Legacy to play in and further, realize that a navigation system is becoming part and parcel of that playground. And trust me, if my dealer is any indication, dealers are shouting far more loudly (and effectively) about a lack of navigation than anybody on any message board. Kevin[/quote] ..i knew you'd say that. ;) Either way it's a good move.

[quote name='bobert486']so what subaru really means is the new legacy has a tire pressure WARNING system. if it were an actualy MONORTORING system it would read out the display of the tire pressure indicating what pis it is at. If what gtguy said is to be true(just another idiot light) then its nothin more than an on/off switch stating "too low" or "normal". and that is not very accurate, there is a lot of play between "normal" versus "too low" to be safe. get my drift[/quote] That's how I see it also.

[quote name='bobert486']so what subaru really means is the new legacy has a tire pressure WARNING system. if it were an actualy MONORTORING system it would read out the display of the tire pressure indicating what pis it is at. If what gtguy said is to be true(just another idiot light) then its nothin more than an on/off switch stating "too low" or "normal". and that is not very accurate, there is a lot of play between "normal" versus "too low" to be safe. get my drift[/quote] Actually I'm the one who proposed that it may be no more than an idiot light but I could be wrong. Gtguy basically said we don't know what form it will take at this point. I was merely speculating that it will be an idiot light because that is all that is required by the upcoming regulations that are to take effect for all new vehicles. Perhaps Subaru went one step further though, who knows.

Well from what I remember someone mentioning, basically it detects from the ABS sensors that one wheel is moving slower by a certain amount and thus has less pressure. But that would mean if all tires had the same low pressure, it would become ineffective. *shrug*

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='SUBE555']Well from what I remember someone mentioning, basically it detects from the ABS sensors that one wheel is moving slower by a certain amount and thus has less pressure. But that would mean if all tires had the same low pressure, it would become ineffective. *shrug*[/quote] I guess they expect you to remedy the problem before it reaches that point. It's like the low fuel indicator light, you don't wait until your car runs dry and stop before you go and fill up the tank. I see you point there, I mean what if all the tires loose pressure at the same rate.

Archived