LegacyGT.com

Stupid carpet hook pop out!

Mui01

Cleaning the carpet mat and I had notice the stupid hook that keeps the mat in place had pop out. I had try all means to put it back in place and still no luck. I really don't want to bring it back to the dealer to get it fix. :confused:

On mine they put a small metal bracket attached to bolt that holds the seat to the floor (on the side opposite the gas lever) that has a pretty strong snap button (like down the front of a ski jacket or something). The floormat never budges. Yes, I had the plastic carpet hook come loose too.

If I remember I will post a pic.

I'm liking that idea so I can put '05 front mats in our '02. Previous gen had a really poor design for holding the driver's mat in place. Please post pics, thanks.

It is still ugly.

Mine came off also. I did not want to fool around with dropping it off at the dealer so I did the following.

Since on mine at least there is a space below the hook's location on the carpet.

Got one of the toggle bolts used in walls. (A screw in the center, 'wings' that fold back then straighten out once thru the hole).

Measured how far straight down the screw would reach before hitting an obstruction.

Cut it off shorter than that.

Separated the screw from the wings.

Drilled an appropriate sized hole in the hook's flat area. (the size of the thread NOT of the head of the screw.)

Stuck the screw with a washer thru the hole and screwed it back into the wings.

Slipped the wings thru the hole in the carpet and let/made them unfold behind the carpet.

Tightened up the screw.

That sucker will never come free again!

Mine came off also. I did not want to fool around with dropping it off at the dealer so I did the following.

Since on mine at least there is a space below the hook's location on the carpet.

Got one of the toggle bolts used in walls. (A screw in the center, 'wings' that fold back then straighten out once thru the hole).

Measured how far straight down the screw would reach before hitting an obstruction.

Cut it off shorter than that.

Separated the screw from the wings.

Drilled an appropriate sized hole in the hook's flat area. (the size of the thread NOT of the head of the screw.)

Stuck the screw with a washer thru the hole and screwed it back into the wings.

Slipped the wings thru the hole in the carpet and let/made them unfold behind the carpet.

Tightened up the screw.

That sucker will never come free again!

Nice!

Archived