LegacyGT.com

Updated upgrade maps dvd navigation help?

:confused: Ok so I'm looking at my Navigation System and inspecting it pretty closely the other day and I see 2004 as the date for the DVD. WHAT? I'm not sure how the rest of the country works but two years is ancient in the map world with all the new contruction and land development on the West Coast. I drive up and down the entire coast and the navigation system works great.

It was worth every penny! However whenever I get into a "new" area that has been there for less than two years I'm stuck. The address doesn't show up and I have to pick something else and then work my way there. It's a bit of a pain.

My question is... where can I find updated DVDs for the maps in my navigation system. 2006 Legacy Spec B. but I have 2004 maps. Doesn't make sense.

I'd also like to customize the screens or find some software that would allow me to put some useful information in the info screen. Like boost, oil pressure, oil temperature, things like that. Who cares what my fuel milieage is? :icon_lol:

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok... called SOA first, they gave me a number to call some else, then they gave me the number to someone at Kenwood OEM. I left a message and hope to hear from him shortley.

Just checked part number on the disks I have... 86283AG04A list price $595.97

In another thread Opie use the part number 86283AG04B... That number shows no price.

Ver 1.0 2005-2006

tHe HoV

You guys are not the only ones with old DVD's. My European one is also from 2004. They have no idea when or if ever a new version will appear. You have to admit that it's fun to be driving where there is no road!!

You guys are not the only ones with old DVD's. My European one is also from 2004. They have no idea when or if ever a new version will appear. You have to admit that it's fun to be driving where there is no road!!

Yea its really funny when the screen shows nothing but the indicator for the car.

tHe HoV

I live in a relatively small town and when I tell the nav to take me home, it gets about a mile away and then proceeds to tell me "There are streets in this area with incomplete data, turn by turn direction cannot be provided" and some other jazz. It's not a big deal because I've lived here for 26 years and I know my way around but I'm going to be upset if this happens on my way to a destination.

By the way, has anyone changed the voice form the English Female to English Male. I expected a normal american male voice but you actually get this crank old british chap. You almost expect him to throw a "tally ho" or "god save the queen" in the instruction. I was laughing my ass off come back one day.

ok... called SOA first, they gave me a number to call some else, then they gave me the number to someone at Kenwood OEM. I left a message and hope to hear from him shortley.

Just checked part number on the disks I have... 86283AG04A list price $595.97

In another thread Opie use the part number 86283AG04B... That number shows no price.

Ver 1.0 2005-2006

I just checked my version through the navigatin display and it is:

Version 3 2004

I guess I got stuck with an old DVD. The price should be free for the upgrade! What is the talk about 595? that's not for a freaking DVD upgrade? You have got to be kidding me?

By the way, has anyone changed the voice form the English Female to English Male. I expected a normal american male voice but you actually get this crank old british chap. You almost expect him to throw a "tally ho" or "god save the queen" in the instruction. I was laughing my ass off come back one day.

I don't know if the TomTom navigator is sold in the US. You can buy optional voices like John Cleese or a London cab driver. Go to their site and check out for yourself

http://www.tomtom.com/

I just checked my version through the navigatin display and it is:

Version 3 2004

I guess I got stuck with an old DVD. The price should be free for the upgrade! What is the talk about 595? that's not for a freaking DVD upgrade? You have got to be kidding me?

Sounds like you dont have the correct one. Your actual dvd case says Version 3 2004? If it indeed does and doesnt say Ver 1.0 2005-2006 maybe someone switched them at the dearership. The cover on the dvd box should have part # 86283AG04A. This is what all Spec B's should have received, if we could verifie(sp) with some other spec b's then you could probably let your dealership and or SOA so you could get the updated ones for free since you may have been jipped..

tHe HoV

OK...Just got the call back from Kenwood OEM and there are some updated disks that are 2005. But even newer disks will be out in August and the 2007 disk will be out in January. He did say you would be better off waiting for the August disk because he said the 2005 disks arent that different than the 2004 ones.

tHe HoV

That's good news. I can wait till August.. about the time they release the new car MY07 Cars... :) very nice...

ok great news thanks for the help!

I'll chip in for half if you'll send me the new East Coast disc. :)

• 2 months later...

Wow took me a while to find this thread. :woowoo: Since recently I went driving out of my usual driving area and the map was telling me wrong highway exit numbers and telling me to take an entrance ramp which no longer exists.

So did anyone ever get a price quote on the new DVD's coming in Aug and Jan, and is the dealer the only place to get them?

Kong

p.s.

sorry if i'm dragging out a dead topic.

Count me in. Mine also says 2004 in the Navi itself.

I'll contribute.

:whore:

________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

Hmmm guess I'll be waiting for the ones from subaru then, because $207 sounds a lot better than the $320 from kenwood. But is there going to be any difference between the kenwood one and the subie one? I would think they would be the same. And like others i think it's rediculous to offer 2003-2004 maps with an 05-06 cars.

Kong

']I think the MSRP on replacement DVDs from Subaru is $207.07.
I am now thinking the $207.07 is what Kenwood charges Subaru dealers. When I plug the Subaru part number from the DVD storage case (which, BTW, says Ver 1.0 2005-2006 on the spine) into http://www.subaruparts.com/cart/?pn=86283AG04A, it comes back with a list price of $595.97 :icon_surp

holly fack!! :icon_surp Well now the Kenwood one sounds more appealling at $320 lol. So does anyone know if that dvd will work for sure? I still think I'll wait around till the aug or jan ones, but still $600 is way too much for maps. To bad we can't use other brand maps in our systems. :icon_mad: Hopefuly come aug or jan the dvd's will be between that $207 and $320. I think I can live with that, but $600 doesn't fly with me, I can almost go stage 1 with that.

600 is just price gouging.... and if they made the system so that kenwood's DVD's don't work I'll sue!

I'm usually an upright citizen but if 600 is forced upon us I don't know if I'll get it. I can buy a DVD burner for way less than that.

HINT HINT

Archived