LegacyGT.com

Kenwood KNA-G510

winnipegsubaru

Hi Everyone,

I am starting a new thread for the Kenwood KNA-G510 and hopefully how to intagrate it into our stock Nav units (pre 2010 Legacys)

As it turns out, the Kenwood KNA-G510 is based on, and looks identical to the Garmin GVN-53.

My goal is to have the garmin mute the stock stereo just as the orginal nav would have. And to output stereo sound to the aux input so I can listen to and control xm satilight radio from the nav screen.

Below is the pinout for the Garmin version of the KNA-G510 (it looks to be the same as the Kenwood)

pin.jpg.c232b14256b17689bdf76c1e9497ac6e.jpg

connector.GIF.6c409114283f7f62dee4211dca2bbcdb.GIF

Connector.thumb.jpg.f6c453cbf2e80901bdef179a0e957c38.jpg

Now I dont really want to hack up the factory harness, so I would like to build a breakout cable. But I am wondering if anyone can identify and tell me the connector part number?

I will continue to update this thread with new info as I find it, and my progress.

Thank you,

I tested these pinouts (the audio portion) and PIN 6 (right), Pin 7 (left) & Pin 19 (audio ground) are what need to be connected to the aux in on the OEM head unit to get stereo audio.

Pin 8 will mute the OEM radio when not on the aux input (only tested on the P-204UN with manual climate control... Automatic climate control may be different)

Archived