LegacyGT.com

LGT Auto vs OBXT Auto gearing?

Just a quick question about the gearing of both autos (I have seen a lot on manuals, but nothing on autos). Are the tranny and diffs identical, or does the OBXT have shorter gears to make up for it's taller tires(+1.1" radius)? If I put LGT sized tires on my OBXT will it end up quicker and have worse fuel economy?

Thanks!

Yes, if you put lgt tires on, you will notice an increase in acceleration on the street and a loss in mpg due to the gearing. As a point of reference, with a 25" tall tire, when your speedo is reading 80, you'll be going ~73mph.

Thanks for the link.

Right, I was asking relative to the LGT. So I see the final drive of the OBXT is 3.583, while the LGT is 3.272. So with the same size tires the OBXT would be quicker.

I guess I am glad I got the OB. I do need the LGT brake upgrade though. I hope the master cylinders/boosters are the same.

What effect does the STI MC/BB give you?

By the way, I'd go for the newer car. You have to think of where you'll be several years down the road, will you want a car that is so similar to what you got a few years ago? Are you selling the mods from your wrecked '06?

The sti MC will move more fluid with the same pedal stroke than the lgt unit, when coupled with the sti BB you end up with a much firmer, more responsive brake pedal. IMO it is essential for someone who has done the brembo swap, and also a nice difference even if you haven't. It helps to get rid of the mushy pedal some have complained of.

Little off topic, but it is your thread. That is sort of what I'm thinking, and I haven't decided yet, but most of what I pull off the car, I will probably keep. Hoping insurance will allow me to go to the salvage yard and take my parts off as long as I replace them with oem.

Archived