LegacyGT.com

Uncovering maintenance history - 2005 LGT

KOHCTPYKTOP

I'm looking at a 2005 Legacy GT M/T with 65,000 miles. There were no services marked as performed on the my.subaru.com website, nor in the maintenance schedule book in the car. Outside of tracking down the previous owner (a near impossibility), are there any avenues I have for finding out the service history of the car? If I call a local Subaru dealer can they provide a history if I give them the VIN? Of course, this is assuming that the car was serviced at a dealer throughout its life.

I could run a Carfax on it and it may show service records. PM me the VIN.
You've actually already done that for me - thank you again, though. I had asked for it in your thread.

As a follow-up, I was able to get some information from the dealer where the car was purchased. The last dealer-performed service was at 30,000 miles, so there are about 35,000 undocumented miles on the car. Cause for concern?

You've actually already done that for me - thank you again, though. I had asked for it in your thread.

As a follow-up, I was able to get some information from the dealer where the car was purchased. The last dealer-performed service was at 30,000 miles, so there are about 35,000 undocumented miles on the car. Cause for concern?

Is it a private sale? Can't the seller provide you with service records? It could be that after warranty they took the car somewhere cheaper for service?

If it's a dealer selling it then they can only provide what was performed at a Subaru dealer. Personally, I wouldn't buy a car that has 35K miles of service history missing.

Archived