LegacyGT.com

OBD II Windows Mobile Boost Gauge Bluetooth WIFI USB

I was a little surprised when I searched the forums and found NOTHING about this. Maybe I had bad luck with my keywords but I'm hoping I can get some help.

I just fell in love with the new REV application for the Iphone and Ipod touch.

Using the OBD port on the car to read all of stats.

I think it would be great to read the live boost.

Talk about much easier than hooking up a boost gauge.

I wonder if the OBD port boost reading would be as accurate?

I've also heard rumors that the OBD can only read up to 18.3 PSI boost so it would be worthless if you were running any higher boost.

You could not read it.

I have a samsung epix i907 with a monster of a processor and its running windows mobile 6.1 professional.

Anyone out there doing this sort of thing... perhaps they can shed some light on the subject.

Thanks

Does anyone know if we can read Oil Pressure from the OBD?

I'm considering an IPOD touch because the REV application seems like a winner.

It works with IPHONE and IPOD TOUCH.

Plus you get a huge screen and I could use it strictly for the car.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o91DX4ODgbU]YouTube - Rev: wireless range test[/ame]

Ok... so I could use an IPOD touch with the wifi adapter and mount the device near the steering column as a replacement for a turbo gauge.

Sounds great..

Probably a little expensive...but then i could use the other diagnostic tools and readings that the sensors will allow with the IPOD..... something to think about...

still need an old fashion gauge for the oil pressure....

easy fix...

buy some plx sensors, and their kiwi wifi device with iMFD.

problem solved. btw, Rev lists the kiwi as one of the suported wifi transmitters for their software.

FYI, I just ordered plx vac/boost & wideband o2 sensors as well as 2 of their dm-100 multi gauges.

the kiwi iMFD is backordered until june, but I'll have one of those soon too. I'll let you know how it goes (i already have an ipod touch /w/ rev)

***what I AM looking for at the moment is a way to output the video from my ipod into our oem nav system while powering the ipod at the same time from a 12v source. I've found multiple video cables that would work with the vid nav hacks, but no way to run power at the same time. hmmmmm.... I smell a hacked pcb board / custom ipod dock in the works!

The dashboard app coming soon looks promising as well.

I wonder if REV will give you the ability to customize multiple gauge layouts on screen as well as dashboard looks like they are going to do?

I can see why you would like to send this to our 7" screen.

We could fit 3 LARGE guages in there as you know!

This would be the perfect solution for what we have wanted to do all along.

Now if subaru only put the gauges we actually wanted to begin with or allow some ability to customize we wouldn't need these other gadgets.

:(

WOW...

thanks for all the advice...

I was just going to post this but then read your comment....

http://plxdevices.com/sensormodules.html

:)

This is great!

How large are those modules and where do you install them?

They are bulky unfortunatelly. I stuffed all five of them (module display + four sensor modules) partially behind the cubby, partially behind passenger side dash (in front of the airbag - but no, in the way of airbag :lol:).

They are bulky unfortunatelly. I stuffed all five of them (module display + four sensor modules) partially behind the cubby, partially behind passenger side dash (in front of the airbag - but no, in the way of airbag :lol:).

hmmm.... the cubby that I don't have?

that's a shame...

I wonder how to make this work....

well I maybe only want ONE of the modules... wonder if I can hide it under the steering wheel somewhere

hmmm.... the cubby that I don't have?

that's a shame...

I wonder how to make this work....

well I maybe only want ONE of the modules... wonder if I can hide it under the steering wheel somewhere

I don't know how fat is the navi screen, but I would guess you will have more space there than with the cubby.

There is also a plenty of space behind in dash, under the stereo, etc...

UM-

what 4 sensors do you have??? trying to think if I need to add something to my set...

I just purchased the boost/vac, and O2 "sets" that come with dm-100s (I'm assuming that they will also come with the display module? or is that something different?)

I have AFR, EGT, FluidPressure and FluidTemp. Their implementation of boost is crap, shows boost/vaccum separately. For boost and fuel pressure I use Defi BF gauges.

Overall PLX stuff is extremely ameturish and very non-car like with the crappy connectors, bulky boxes, etc. I almost hate it. Except that it works and the DM-100 is the most compact way of displaying four sensors.

DM-100 is the most compact way of displaying four sensors.

Not for long. Would a digital display panel with up to 9 input displays be better for you? Fits directly into the LGT cubby. Will be in my car hopefully in a week or two.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

• 1 year later...

Archived