LegacyGT.com

Any cheap(er) alternatives for an 'afta-maf' hose?

My avo inlet seems to cause a pretty severe bend in the stock accordian hose that goes from the maf/airbox to the inlet. Are there any cheaper options than the 60 dollarish AVO hose?

I cant seem to think of a way to unbend this hose without hacking up the inlet more for a better fit. SO was hoping there was a cheaper option that I wouldn't mind cutting up as to not deal with the inlet hose.

There are generic ones on fleebay for ~$35ish.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/POST-MAF-SILICONE-INTAKE-HOSE-SUBARU-LEGACY-GT-LIMITED-2-5L-2005-05-/142003781628?hash=item211015bffc:g:RAwAAOSwneRXROEs&vxp=mtr

Looks like the only game in town for a generic. Wonder if it will stand up to the all mighty vf40??!?!?!!

Got the eBay hose in yesterday and got it installed today.

Straight up nightmare with the AVO turbo inlet and stock airbox. Wasn't expecting a drop in and go experience but the size and shape of the hose is not a copy of the stock pipe. I had to trim off about an inch of the hose on the turbo inlet side. Also had to snip off the clip on the side of the airbox that holds the power steering hose. Then after much wiggling and pulling and pushing, I was finally able to get both sides seated and tightened down.

Unfortunately the size and shape of it means it didn't do much to fix my original issue with the tight bend off the airbox. But it looks better anyway.

Not sure if the AVO hose would have been an exact fit or not, but for double the money I didn't want to find out.

Here are a couple pics.

IMG_20160826_144628.thumb.jpg.91a9e2ff825f6ddda5aad6ff58ca978a.jpg

IMG_20160826_145134.thumb.jpg.2bffdb5948d56fafcac85930d7c79159.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Cut the airbox side at an angle.

You could probably take 1/2in off the airbox side 'front' part of the hose without an issue.

I haven't had a silicone hose that didn't need to be trimmed to fit. I've had: AVO inlet x2, genaric after maf, AVO TB, tomika TB hose, genaric TB hose, perrin inlet, and probably a few others that I'm forgetting.

Aftermarket parts for these cars are not plug and play. Very rarely do things 'just fit'.

Cut the airbox side at an angle.

You could probably take 1/2in off the airbox side 'front' part of the hose without an issue.

I haven't had a silicone hose that didn't need to be trimmed to fit. I've had: AVO inlet x2, genaric after maf, AVO TB, tomika TB hose, genaric TB hose, perrin inlet, and probably a few others that I'm forgetting.

Aftermarket parts for these cars are not plug and play. Very rarely do things 'just fit'.

Wow....you are quite a hoser. :hide:

Archived