LegacyGT.com

engine hesitation

Hope you guys can help me figure this one out. fresh rebuilt engine with 1200 miles on it when i am in the expressway when i reach 60 mph right between 60 and 80 i can fell a slight engine studder when i accelerate.

Took to the dealer for the 1000 miles oil change. mention that issue to them. the tech took the car for a ride he also ran a diagnostic. he sad there was nothing wrong with it. yet the problem is still there.

Only thing i can thing of is i use 87 gas rather than the 91. i just found that out by chance today going through the owner manual.

any help will be appreciated

its a 2005 legacy gt 2.5 turbo. engine was rebuilt due to the blown turbo that sent metal parts in the engine.

i been putting 87 since the sticker on the side of the gas cap door, clearly states 87 or higher. if what i did is big issue what can i do to rectify it.

thanks for all the help

Again, it's very possible the injectors are factory, as most replacement engines are sold as longblocks that require the installer to swap all the manifolds/electronics/accesories.

I guess clogged injectors are a real possibility afterall.

The only thing is that if it were the injectors, wouldn't he have had similar problems before the engine swap? I mean, it's not uncommon for strange things to happen, but don't you think it would be kinda unlikely that the injectors would be fine in one engine, than after swapping the manifold/injectors to a rebuilt longblock they decide it's time to die?

Either way, it's a possible solution that's under $10... Might as well try it. Just don't put it anywhere else other than the gas tank, that stuff can be a blessing or a curse depending on how you use it.

Archived