LegacyGT.com

What is the back spacing

What is the original back spacing for the 14in steelies and what is needed to run set of 16x7/7.5s with out rubbing and overly affecting my scrub angles. I plan on upgrading the brakes for Lemons races down the line at some point.

That's stock back spacing and I am running stock wheels. I have had several OEM wheels on my car and they've all fit. I have had 17x7 +30 GTB wheels, 3rd Gen H6 16x6.5 +35 wheels and 4th gen 17x6.5 +35 GT wheels. These are with Legacy AND Outback struts, the only problem I ran into was larger tires (225/70) rub on the struts when mounted on the 16x6.5 with Legacy Struts.

I was planning on keeping the overall diameter relatively close to stock, I just want to improve the brakes down the road once money comes available for it, and I can determine if I'll actually make this a Lemons series car.

Thanks for the info.

You can clear wrx 2 piston fronts on 11in rotors and H6 2 piston rears with 10.5in rotors with lots of space of spare with 16x6.5 +35. That's the set up I have and I would say I have about an inch of space all the way around the calipers to the rims.

That's stock back spacing and I am running stock wheels. I have had several OEM wheels on my car and they've all fit. I have had 17x7 +30 GTB wheels, 3rd Gen H6 16x6.5 +35 wheels and 4th gen 17x6.5 +35 GT wheels. These are with Legacy AND Outback struts, the only problem I ran into was larger tires (225/70) rub on the struts when mounted on the 16x6.5 with Legacy Struts.

Are you sure about those offsets? All OEM Subaru wheels (USDM/JDM) I know of have offsets between +48-55mm

Are you sure about those offsets? All OEM Subaru wheels (USDM/JDM) I know of have offsets between +48-55mm

Good call on checking that, I guess I've forgotten backspacing specs with time. The GTBs were +53 and the 4th Gen are +55. My other two wheels aren't listed on this thread but it's a great source of info.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2239019

• 2 weeks later...

Archived