LegacyGT.com

Alarm Chirp Mod?

Anyone else seen the new Audi A4 commercial with all of the cars chirping as they lock and unlock? If you have not check out the link below.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zz4IjcGnYiQ]Audi A4 TV Commercial - "Chirp" - YouTube[/ame]

Well it sounds a million times better than the beep our cars make. I know I know, "just disable the beep :rolleyes:". I actually like to hear that the car is locked so that is not an option. Really I just want to swap the audi chirp speaker box with the one we have under the pass side headlight.

Has anyone ever removed the one in our cars? Is it just a "speaker" with a hot and ground wire, or is it more complicated than that?

Anyone else seen the new Audi A4 commercial with all of the cars chirping as they lock and unlock? If you have not check out the link below.

Audi A4 TV Commercial - "Chirp" - YouTube

Well it sounds a million times better than the beep our cars make. I know I know, "just disable the beep :rolleyes:". I actually like to hear that the car is locked so that is not an option. Really I just want to swap the audi chirp speaker box with the one we have under the pass side headlight.

Has anyone ever removed the one in our cars? Is it just a "speaker" with a hot and ground wire, or is it more complicated than that?

Funny you mention this about half the time I return to my car to find I never locked it!

It's like a simple piezo buzzer that just gets an abrupt pulse. Find yourself a 90db 12V piezo buzzer or something close to that. Find your door lock pulse from the ECU. Make sure you know if its either ground triggered or positive triggered. Hook it up to a relay and run it to your piezo buzzer in the engine bay. Profit.

Archived