LegacyGT.com

Rat chewed up my speed sensor

doctorbrody

After two days enjoying Brooklyn's ample parking, I drove over to Manhattan, dreading the usual weave through the Upper West Side for an hour looking for an overnight spot. Wonder of wonders, I found one right away at 65th and Central Park.

The next day I start the car and get codes, CEL, ABS light, odometer reading 0500. It starts and drives fine, but no ABS and hitting fuel cut around 4000 rpm.

Got home, used this thread to find the diagnostic procedure http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/error-ss-speed-sensor-faulty-ecu-uniti-91831.html?t=91831&highlight=p0500

I found codes P0500, C0104 and C0119. C0104 is the front left ABS speed sensor so I started looking there and found a rodent had chewed up the wire, the bastard. Spliced the wires back together, reset the ECU and I'm good to go. The C0119 (G sensor) code is a mystery, but it isn't showing up anymore.

I have a new sensor on order which I'll install when it's not so damn cold out. Just wanted to post this in case anyone else has these issues.

• 3 months later...
After two days enjoying Brooklyn's ample parking, I drove over to Manhattan, dreading the usual weave through the Upper West Side for an hour looking for an overnight spot. Wonder of wonders, I found one right away at 65th and Central Park.

The next day I start the car and get codes, CEL, ABS light, odometer reading 0500. It starts and drives fine, but no ABS and hitting fuel cut around 4000 rpm.

Got home, used this thread to find the diagnostic procedure http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/error-ss-speed-sensor-faulty-ecu-uniti-91831.html?t=91831&highlight=p0500

I found codes P0500, C0104 and C0119. C0104 is the front left ABS speed sensor so I started looking there and found a rodent had chewed up the wire, the bastard. Spliced the wires back together, reset the ECU and I'm good to go. The C0119 (G sensor) code is a mystery, but it isn't showing up anymore.

I have a new sensor on order which I'll install when it's not so damn cold out. Just wanted to post this in case anyone else has these issues.

Looking for some similar help if possible. I used an OBD II scanner to pull the P0500 code (ABS wheel speed sensor), but how do I get the C0XYZ to find out whether its front / rear, left or right? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Archived