LegacyGT.com

No more Legacy for me!

Sorry to not get any quarter mile times from the new setup, but traded the car in for a new Charger, I needed more room for my family, and my mother and father could barely get into the car, big and fat like me, so the charger has big seating area, and the only large car I could find that could keep me a little sedated with performance. Nothing else that size gave the performance that I want that wasn't super expensive like a BMW or something!

So guys you won't hear much from me any more, enjoy that Legacy, cause it is still tops if you ask me, and was one of the funnest cars I have ever owned, remember I traded in my 03 Vette for it!

Holy Moly! Did the person who bought it realize what the hell he/she was getting?

Sorry to not get any quarter mile times from the new setup, but traded the car in for a new Charger,

Good luck with the new car Hodgeee.

I assume you're getting the Hemi, right? I really like the new Charger, except for the front grill, looks too trucklike for me. Probably wouldn't stop me from owning one though if I was so inclined.

No replacement for displacement right?

Sorry to hear that the Leg was not big enough for ya.

My skinny-ass family thinks the Leg is a Living room compared to my old car...

All the best.

After the three longest weeks, I may be getting out of my 05 Legacy 2.5 GT Ltd also. I live in San Antonio, Texas and have had nothing but trouble with the only Subaru dealer in town, North Park Subaru. I took my Legacy in for it 7500 mile oil change and tire rotation and they managed to scratch one of the rims and only put a quart of oil in the car. I left the service bay and got a half a mile down the interstate before the oil light came on and by the time I could turn around and get back to the service dept the turbo had spooled and the motor was limping along at a top of 2500rpm. At first they said they were going to get an entirely new motor and turbo, but after being told no on the new motor have thus far only replaced the turbo. I have the car back now and still find metal shavings on the oil dip stick when I check the oil. Now I am trying to get them to replace the car, but they are dragging their feet and it seems trying to make some money on this deal. Has anybody had an experience like this at a Subaru dealer? If so let me know the best way to resolve this. I really to love the car, but as a repeat customer, of Subaru, and for as much as these suckers cost I really expect better treatment from Subaru and their dealerships. Oh and by the way if you are ever in San Antonio, don't take your Subie to North Park Subaru/Mercury! BEWARE!!!!

Sad to see you go! I enjoyed your postings. Was hoping you'd be here longer so we'd have someone to look up to. Anyways, I hope you enjoy your new car! Still visit! I'd love to see and hear about your new car.
-ben

After the three longest weeks, I may be getting out of my 05 Legacy 2.5 GT Ltd also. I live in San Antonio, Texas and have had nothing but trouble with the only Subaru dealer in town, North Park Subaru. I took my Legacy in for it 7500 mile oil change and tire rotation and they managed to scratch one of the rims and only put a quart of oil in the car. I left the service bay and got a half a mile down the interstate before the oil light came on and by the time I could turn around and get back to the service dept the turbo had spooled and the motor was limping along at a top of 2500rpm. At first they said they were going to get an entirely new motor and turbo, but after being told no on the new motor have thus far only replaced the turbo. I have the car back now and still find metal shavings on the oil dip stick when I check the oil. Now I am trying to get them to replace the car, but they are dragging their feet and it seems trying to make some money on this deal. Has anybody had an experience like this at a Subaru dealer? If so let me know the best way to resolve this. I really to love the car, but as a repeat customer, of Subaru, and for as much as these suckers cost I really expect better treatment from Subaru and their dealerships. Oh and by the way if you are ever in San Antonio, don't take your Subie to North Park Subaru/Mercury! BEWARE!!!!

Sorry to cross post. Stick on their Arses like a fly on $hit. WRite subaru, write the better business bureau, and post on all subaru forums after you have let them know what you expect from them and they refuse to meet your demands. YOu are entitled to be put back in the position you were in before they worked on your car. Now your car has a motor whose life has been harmed. You deserve a new motor and turbo, but I would try to get out of the car if you can swing it. I would not want some subaru dealership that failed to add the proper amount of oil putting a new motor in my car would you?

Wow, I almost thought this thread was a joke. It takes a pretty impulsive guy to dump thousands of dollars into a car and then just walk away from it. If the car was sold private party to a fellow enthusiast then you can get some of the mod money back out of it, but if the car was truely traded-in to a dealer that is a huge waste. Heck, you can't even make the argument that you got enjoyement out of the mods, makign them worth it, because you didn't even own the car long enough after the mods. Of well... to each his own.

That is indeed a surprise, was gonna see if he wanted to hook up around SEMA time too as I would like to be in that vicinity later this year.

I'm really looking forward to the new STi so I may jump ship to an STi but I still plan on being around if/when I do jump since I do love the Leggy platform and this place too, I am just not waiting around for an LSTi. :p

Sorry to cross post. Stick on their Arses like a fly on $hit. WRite subaru, write the better business bureau, and post on all subaru forums after you have let them know what you expect from them and they refuse to meet your demands. YOu are entitled to be put back in the position you were in before they worked on your car. Now your car has a motor whose life has been harmed. You deserve a new motor and turbo, but I would try to get out of the car if you can swing it. I would not want some subaru dealership that failed to add the proper amount of oil putting a new motor in my car would you?

That is exactly what I am trying to do now... get out of the car and get into a new one, but instead of helping me out and doing the right thing for a customer they are still trying to make some big money on the deal which I don't think is right. I am trying to help them out by not making too much noise but they are really jerking my around, and I guess it is time to not be so nice. Glad to hear that I am not blowing this out of proportion. At the root of this I am really concerned about the life of the motor, and they at first were as well, but since Subaru told them they couldn't get a new motor they suddenly have changed their tune and think the motor should be okay... this coming from the same Subaru service dept that forgot to put oil in a motor after an oil change!

That is exactly what I am trying to do now... get out of the car and get into a new one, but instead of helping me out and doing the right thing for a customer they are still trying to make some big money on the deal which I don't think is right. I am trying to help them out by not making too much noise but they are really jerking my around, and I guess it is time to not be so nice. Glad to hear that I am not blowing this out of proportion. At the root of this I am really concerned about the life of the motor, and they at first were as well, but since Subaru told them they couldn't get a new motor they suddenly have changed their tune and think the motor should be okay... this coming from the same Subaru service dept that forgot to put oil in a motor after an oil change!

This is why I NEVER let ANYONE touch my car unless the repair work is beyond my own abilities.

I would never let anyone change the oil in my Legacy. Dealership or not, when you drop your car off there, you are putting your $27K baby in the hands of a potentially mentally unstable teenage lot porter.

Archived