LegacyGT.com

The Unknown Ghost Bulb....

totally can not find any info on the bulbs that are in the doors. they light the ground? they are the same looking as the ones in the dome light just they are a tad smaller. need part number at least. i want to find replacment led bulb in blue. superbrightleds dont got them. they only go down to 30mm bulbs

ok its 27 mm long....... wish superbrightleds.com sold that size. im goona try fitting a 31mm(size of dome light) in there and if i can get it to work i just do that. but still might need 27mm

the light number is 158, its a festoon bulb. SBLED's doesnt say the length of their festoon bulbs so email them and ask them what color options you have for a festoon bulb that 27mm long, they have every size, their website just isnt detailed enough

or you could do what i did. i did the led cluster mod for all my interior lights. including the door lights you speak of. theres a writup on it in the performance section. basically you take the autozone led flashlights that have 9 leds in them, take them apart so you just have the cluster of leds and hardwire them in with a resistor.

mine are all white, except my gauge cluster and hvac. the led flashlights at autozone are all white leds. and if you wire the right resistor you can make them really bright cause our interior lights suck for brightness. i think i used a 1/2 watt 350 ohm resistor for mine which is hella bright but not so bright that it blinds you. a pack of 5 resistors from radio shack is only a buck

dont think im an ass but some people on here are completly car and electornics retarded so im gonna assume you dont know, but if you do that led mod to replace your interior bulbs, you HAVE to use a resistor, if you put 12v straight to leds theyll be super bright for about 3 seconds and then burn out. if i remeber correctly 350 ohm is really bright, 250 is kinda bright, and 150 is about stock.

sorry sorry. and i belice thats backwards. less ohms means mean current and brighers lights, also depends on the amont of leds. more leds pull more power. more power needs a high wattage resistor.

electronics are my thing i love. wanna be a green engineer. going to school for that.

spelling not so much

I just heard from SBL...

Hello,

The closest festoon bulb we have to 27mm is a 30mm model. I recommend

the 3022-R4 or R9:

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=%2Fspecs%2Ffestoon_3022-xx.htm

--

Thanks

Mat

Super Bright LEDs, Inc.

superbrightleds.com

Looks like we will have to live without that bulb.:nono: From what I have seen on my car anything bigger would mean bending the socket for the bulb. They have the socket for the 30mm bulb on their website. Maybe it can we switched out?

Archived