LegacyGT.com

Will the dealer firx this?

Update:

The short story is, the plastic bezel around the shifter is not flush with the plastic piece that houses the climate controls. Specificially it is the right side that does not fit right. In general, the bezel does not have a tight fit in its position and has play in it. Read on for more info.

For updates start at the end of page 2.

IMG_0572.jpg.1241fccef0285cecdf0151d8ef665772.jpg

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My car was like that from, day one as well. You have a broken clip. Do you have a subwoofer? It's possible that the dealer broke the clip when then ran the subwoofer connection or installed the STS.

For those of you who haven't done so already, here's a resource on how to completely disassemble the console trim area -

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1626

The plate/section that y'all will be working with actually will come out of its current area without your having to remove the side trim pieces. Steps 1 and 2 are what you're interested in, for the above.

Next, simply follow "step two" in this following walk-through:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16708

- to completely remove that particular trim panel. You do *NOT* need to remove your shift knob to do this.

Now, just re-seat the panel you've popped loose. Make sure you re-seat the two tabs that mate to the head-unit panel, first.

Hope this helps. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

My car was like that from, day one as well. You have a broken clip. Do you have a subwoofer? It's possible that the dealer broke the clip when then ran the subwoofer connection or installed the STS.

there is your answer :)

Lets take a poll.... yes.. mine is broken and I do have a factory subwoofer installed.

^^^

mccorry - Ayup, looks like something is broken for you guys. :(

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

OK.. I have messed with mine a few times now. If I pull up on the plate, it will pop into place. However, it will not line up with the silver side trim as well. Plus, if you put any weight on it... it clicks back down into the other position (shown in original post).

I inspected all of the parts and cannot find anyplace where there are missing clips or signs of cracked off pieces. They all look fine.

I would realy like to meet up with someone who doesn't have the gap so I could compare the parts and see what the issue is. Volunteers?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived