LegacyGT.com

Im in the same boat for years welcome aboard, Its cheaper to find one from a junkyard and replace it that was as fixing it sorta a pain and even more of a pain to get to. look around on the forums such as sl-i.net, a whille back some offered me a sunroof for free as mine only goes up not back.

To get to it you have to basicly take off both plastic pannels from all the pillars, pull down un do the top upholstery then your able to screw out the moon roof and the only thing holding you back is a little plug. From there you can tinker with it. Such as for me I still have the ventalated fresh air so taking mine apart and putting it back on track is probally said and done, but for you, if it makes no noise whats so ever, check fuses, and if not the motor in your sunroof might just be dead. My local stealership charged me 500 bucks for a new one and i lol'ed at them and started looking online and asking around.

hope this helps

THANKS. i havent gotten the car yet so i havent gotten to play with it. i dont really need it fixed. long as it doesnt leak, and it looks sexy next to my 09 gt im happy. this really is the most selfish car i could possibly get for my girlfriend. we just moved to ct from nyc and this will be her first car. she doesnt drive stick and the sunroof is broken. haha

the dealer said he thinks its the motor. i found a whole motor and assembly for 150 on ebay. im gona take a wack at it, im really affraid the headliner wont go back right. then she will be even more pissed.

Where in CT are you located? I can always assist you with fixing the assembly. It truly is a 2 person job to get it out.

While it's out you can re seal the rails so it won't leak, and be nice and water tight.

• 2 weeks later...
haha so i got a good story, a couple of days ago my gf was messing around with the buttons that open my moon roof, and i was kinda being nochalant and saying hey dont mess with those. well the next day i wanted some fresh air so i go to open my moon roof and it drops down, not like on me, but the thing angled itself down in the front, and at the time i couldnt get it to move, and to top it off it started to rain that day. well i pushed it up and broke off the adjuster arm on the side, but now my moonroof closes just in time for the rain, but sadly when the sun comes out, i cant use it :(

Archived