LegacyGT.com

@#$%!! Dent Removal

Bdubs

So I have no idea how this dent showed up in the car. It never leaves the driveway, and I never even park anywhere remotely close to people. Not to mention, its not impossible, but not likely a door got my car at the angle its at. In any case, I don't care how it got there as much as I'd like to get rid of it.

Its a rather small dent, but a nice dimple, anyone know any reputable mobile dent repair units in CT?

IMG_1026.thumb.jpg.a08d27401a849e522af86c61563d7f0a.jpg

Why do you have a car if it never leaves the driveway? Or do you have a very long driveway? :icon_bigg

My dent guy works independently (rents space) out of a body shop (that has a lot of expensive foreign iron in the parking lot waiting for repair).

My dealer had one of their dent guys remove a door ding when I purchased the car (the dealer chain has their own glass and dent guys) and he did OK on the dent but effed up the door window something fierce (scratches). They did replace the window, but it meant another trip. I will never have anyone other than the fussy German guy I use do my dings.

By the way...I am not in CT, sorry.

It is still ugly.

Are there kids in your neighborhood? Do they play ball, ride bikes, throw stones at each other? :)

X

No, no kids around. But, as you can see in the reflection, the neighbor's yard borders the driveway, so my best guess is the lawnmower threw something at the car. But there's no paint removal or transfer, its just a genuine puck.

It never leaves the driveway during the week. Its a grocery getter and a sunday drive mobile. My battlewagon is my DD.

Anyone know how bad this would be to fix? It's a small ding in the top scratch with a dotted line of progressively-less-damaging scratches leading downward. The first few scratches look like they go down to the primer coat... :mad:

Sorry for the low-quality picture, I had to use my camera phone cuz I can't find my digital camera...

img036.jpg.3df5c8c17851f1bb5fed09a043d32c24.jpg

Make it idiot-proof and someone will make a better idiot.

Bdubs,

Same door, similar ding, just not as pronounced. Mine is very close to the edge of the door....pretty much right at the seam....my guess is a overzealous door opening in a parking lot from someone else for mine.

You REALLY have to look for it though on mine to find it....but once you know, it might as well be painted red!

We have a service up here called Dent Wizard (not sure if they're national) and they go around to dealerships and remove dents without drilling or marring the paint....well, at least the guys who are good at it....from what I'm told though, they ALL have to go through a training course to be a Dent Wizard.

Good luck

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

Archived