LegacyGT.com

My first install.....pics

Dsfa

I just finished installed the following stereo stuff from my old car.

Alpine F240 amp

Jl audio Cleansweep

Sirius Starmate

30 Gig ipod video

I will be installing some speakers shortly and I am looking for some suggestions on which ones to buy? I dont need anything crazy as I primarly listen to jazz and blues. Focal's or Boston acoustics pro 65?

My future plans are to install a harman kardon iplay in the cubby and relocate the starmate up around headliner and rearview miror area. Possibly a Steath box and an amp.

This was my first install ever and I could not have done without all Info on this site and all people who posted here, YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be donating shortly!

I am open to any questions or comments.

1964397345_trunk(Medium).JPG.76f0d56bfd733f860c012a1e673b7aba.JPG

865710224_Knob(Medium)(2).JPG.02deaa8faed49f4c4e20cfd3b1925de9.JPG

75394948_basslink2(Medium).JPG.cf6b9c94558b43acbd1331012569be40.JPG

1113676955_sirius2(Medium).JPG.5f94f45aff1c6ac4a2d4f878d987546b.JPG

It sounds pretty good with the stock speakers and I am really happy that I can listen to my ipod now,even though it's a modest system I think it worlds better than the stock system.

Sweet - I like the LED placement in the cupholder.

I thought of putting it in the ash try area and I decided against it .

I might try to hack apart the ash tray and put the starmate there.

Thats a really nice neat simple install.

With the amp covered up, does it have enough air circulation to keep it cool?

I dont know its a cheap amp and dont really listen the loud so I dont think that will be a problem , others have done it with alot bigger amps and have not heard of anyone having problems yet!

Very nice install! Clean-looking work, bravo! :D

Hey, you did remember to take that screwdriver out of the trunk, right? :lol:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

It's got plenty of bass for me. There is really no where to put it and not block the door and thats why I have not mounted it yet.

No problems so far as it really does not move around much.

I really want to get a Stealthbox someday. I only installed the basslink because I had from my other car!

If I were you on you speaker choice I would choose the Boston Pro60s for the reason that they are a 3 ohm speaker and you will get more power out of that amp that way. And if you are serious about running those I would upgrade the amp to say a zapco, us amps, elemental designs, or some other class a/b amp.

If I were you on you speaker choice I would choose the Boston Pro60s for the reason that they are a 3 ohm speaker and you will get more power out of that amp that way. And if you are serious about running those I would upgrade the amp to say a zapco, us amps, elemental designs, or some other class a/b amp.

I just bought some Focal polyglass coaxials and Iaperformance large spacers.

I hope they fit!

If I were you on you speaker choice I would choose the Boston Pro60s for the reason that they are a 3 ohm speaker and you will get more power out of that amp that way.

While on paper a 3ohm speaker would get more power from an amp, you shouldn't make a choice between speakers just cos of their impendance. The impendance of the drivers will vary when music is played and the power difference for a 3 ohm or 4 ohm driver wil be very marginal - certainly not a noticeble amount.

While on paper a 3ohm speaker would get more power from an amp, you shouldn't make a choice between speakers just cos of their impendance. The impendance of the drivers will vary when music is played and the power difference for a 3 ohm or 4 ohm driver wil be very marginal - certainly not a noticeble amount.

If an amp was rated at 100 watts at 2 ohms then 50 at 4... then the difference would be 25 watts. Which this is a good amount of power. Plus the Boston Pro60s in my opinion sound better now that is personal preference.

50w vs 75w isn't a big difference in terms of db, pretty minimal actually. Factor in a reduction in headroom and the only appeal of a 3ohm (vs. 4 ohm) setup is SPL, which I imagine isn't a great reason to buy those speakers.

Bottom line, there's no such thing as something for nothing.

Second bottom line - if you want more power get a bigger amp.

Seriously, speaker choice is so subjective, just find some that sound good to your ears, the rest will fall in place as needed.

Archived