LegacyGT.com

LC-1 Install into 05 LGT

UI Vandal

Should be getting my LC-1 in the mail today. I will probably attmept to do the install tonight after work since it is warm today @45 degrees and snow + ~30 degrees for the next few days. I have until the 28th to get all of my revisions done, so I am in a little rush!

I have read over the install manual for the LC-1 in anticipation of its arrival. I have the basics down. I plan on using the bung on top of my CNT downpipe, then routing it thru the gromet either behind the TMIC or the one for the ECU plug on the passenger side.

What I am interested in is more LGT specific stuff:

• Which specific wires/fuses did people tap for their install?
  • What grounds did you utilize?
  • Any tips on things to avoid or things to triple check?

I will be glad when all of this upgrade business is done so I (mostly my wife) can drive and enjoy the car again!

i wired mine in conjunction with my gauges in my cubby. I do not know the wires off the top of my head.

One tip id recommend is taking your time with the wiring and honestly solder everything to ensure its a good connection and it looks alot cleaner. Also make sure you do the LED setup it recommends its an easy way to monitor your sensor. I put a switch and LED on the plastics shroud the shifter boot is in.

I tapped the headlight fuse. You need it to turn on only when the ignition is on.

I guess if I did this I would have to not disable the DLR.

you can also wire it as your second o2 input.

Link and ease of use?

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/how-install/162771-temporarily-install-innovate-lc-1-tuning.html

you just need to have the analog signal go to one of the rear o2 wires. It seems to be working fine for me. And I haven't had DLR's since the second month I've owned the car(going on 4 years now?). It works fine without DLR's. You just need a powersource that comes on only when you have the key in the ignition slot. If it powers on with accessory, you're doing it wrong.

PS. if you have a bung for the o2, use that. Mine is seized so I used the rear o2 slot.

You can do a permanent install this way also. My extra bung was seized so I went that route. Sorry if it confused you. Carry on like normal(ignore my post) if you have an extra bung you can use. But be sure to wire it so that it only comes on with ignition, not accessory.

Where are you mounting your O2 sensor. I have a LC-1 with the gauge and I have my O2 like the recommend over a foot from the turbo. I found if I removed the factory O2 the car would run rich. so I had to get another bung welded on.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Where are you mounting your O2 sensor. I have a LC-1 with the gauge and I have my O2 like the recommend over a foot from the turbo. I found if I removed the factory O2 the car would run rich. so I had to get another bung welded on.

... I plan on using the bung on top of my CNT downpipe, then routing it thru the gromet either behind the TMIC or the one for the ECU plug on the passenger side...

It was late and I didn't read the whole thread and see the post about the location you were going to use. It was pretty late. Most don't recommend that you put is so close to the turbo. I can't remember if it had something to do with the sensor longevity or not. So check their site to make sure. I put mine in a couple of years ago.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Got the lC-1 installed. Went thru the ECU gromet and tapped a heater wire for power. The grounds are under the bolt for the air bag control unit behind the radio. The led amd button is on the inner interior edge of the glove box. Did not have the time (or the USB to serial connector) to log anything.

It was late and I didn't read the whole thread and see the post about the location you were going to use. It was pretty late. Most don't recommend that you put is so close to the turbo. I can't remember if it had something to do with the sensor longevity or not. So check their site to make sure. I put mine in a couple of years ago.

I don't think it's an issue of sensor longevity. The front O2 sensor is also a wideband and it is subject to hotter gasses than the location at the top of the DP. If anything, it is turbulence from the exhaust port on the turbo and the wastegate that might give you inaccurate readings. mickeyd recommends doing more runs to get an average if you place your sensor here.

Archived