LegacyGT.com

are 80/100w Halogens bad for my car?

Death

I've been changing a lot of the lighting in my car to LEDs, and I've noted that each bulb saves about 6w of energy..

anyway, My headlights suck.. I've been thinking about HID's, but that's too fancy for me... What if I replace my stock 55/65w 9007 headlights with 80/100w headlights? do I need to upgrade my fuse? Is this too much for my car in the first place?

how about these? any thoughts?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/7500K-PLATINUM-WHITE-12v-100-80w-XENON-HIGH-LOW-BEAM-9007-HALOGEN-LIGHT-BULB-4-/230751416293?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35b9db2fe5&vxp=mtr

First off, don't get 7500K bulbs if you actually want to see anything. Those bulbs are purely for show. Your eyes are not very sensitive to blue light, stick to 4300K for optimum visibility. 5000K if you want the "blue" look.

And yes, you're likely to melt the wiring and the headlight housing. In general, projector type headlights can easily be upgraded to HIDs. Reflector type headlights do not work well when converted to HIDs. The different bulb shapes cause a lot of glare.

Yeah i got reflector housings and not projectors.

i'm just looking for options.

I had sylvania silverstars once but they were the big round headlights that come housing and all. they were on a 75 oldsmobile. I liked them a lot, but i'm also afraid that the 9007 silverstars won't be any good behind my aged headlight lenses.

Yeah i got reflector housings and not projectors.

i'm just looking for options.

I had sylvania silverstars once but they were the big round headlights that come housing and all. they were on a 75 oldsmobile. I liked them a lot, but i'm also afraid that the 9007 silverstars won't be any good behind my aged headlight lenses.

Sounds like your headlamps lens are fogged? Just clean them up and polish it out.

2011 Volvo S60T6 & 2013 Volvo XC60T6 Polestar

i personally went hid for my lowbeam (5k cause i hate that blue tinted look), and ion yellow 100w for high beams (not a big high beamer, but love the color change)... i would be weary about using 100w constantly...

Archived