LegacyGT.com

Stromung Dual Tip Exhaust Installed!

Chappy

I pulled the trigger on the Stromung Dual Tip exhaust after talking to Mitch at Renick Motorsports and having past experience with Stromung on my WRX. I must sayh that this is the nicest looking exhaust for the LGT. Atleast I think it is. The pics just dont show the immaculate workmanship that this exhaust is crafted of. Everything bolted up perfectly and the whole job took me under an hour. The hardest part was getting the car up high enough to reach the spring bolts at the cat. I loosened them it was smooth sailing. I was amazed at how clean the install came out. It is well worth the money. If you are thinking of buying it you gotta call Mitch at Renick Motorsports. Customer service was A+ and I had the exhaust from CA to Maine in 5 days. Here are some pics of the finished product:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/WRX05/DSC003271.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/WRX05/DSC003261.jpg

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chappy,

Does the system drone on the freeway? We are still working with Scott at Stromung to reduce the inside cabin noise down a bit as it is a bit loud for wagon owners. It looks as though he got the fitment just right on. We tested one of the early production exhausts for him on the Wagon fitment and I believe that he made just the right adjustments.

Regards,

Gary

Mann Engineering

http://www.mann-engineering.com

blah to hell with drone..

so long as it makes power..

;)

cant wait till i get mine.. prob going to do a fmic and finish up buying other tid bits (injectors, rails, etc)

speakign of which anyone want to buy a set of vishnu wrx fuel rails?

Sorry for the size..My laptop is 1920x1200 so it looks fine to me!

If you can delete those top two pics, I have resized ones that I can post.

It has a really nice idle that emits the boxer rumble. It is a good loud. I can now hear the engine and shift to the engine noise instead of the tach..It is not as loud as my WRX was with a Stromung.

Mann Engineering..I have not got out onto the freeway yet. I am going to be hitting the freeway this weekend so until then I wont know about the drone but everything I have read from other people that own the exhaust, there is no drone. My wrx was the same way, Around 45 mph you could barely hear it.

Chappy,

How low do the mufflers sit? I thought from previous posts the dual tips seem to hang rather low, and not really tuck into the exhaust opening in the rear valance/bumper. That is one reason I have held back from buying an exhaust is that a lot of them seem to still hang down, so they don't look like they really "fit". A fairly close, level rear shot would be great.

Thanks,

Neil

Sorry for the size..My laptop is 1920x1200 so it looks fine to me!

If you can delete those top two pics, I have resized ones that I can post.

Just edit your hotlinks to photobucket :D

Guess it looks better than it performs, then...at least with a stock system. Opening the up and downs might help, with an AP at Stg 2. How much realized then? < 20? Would be interesting to see a comparo...anyone have one?

Thanks PGT.

Well, I just got back from a "spirited" run and it sounds incredible. The car feels a bit more responsive and pulls a bit more to redline. Overall Im very happy with the end results.

rockford..The tips sit low enough so its not touching any part of the bumper. It looks really good...

Thanks guys for all the compliments..I looked around for this exhaust and price wise, Renick could not be touched. They were really low. If you are remotely interested in it, its worth giving Mitch a call or dropping him an email.

I def might bite, 1k is $200 under the next catback comp. Like they said, any sound clips of driving, idle, reving.

If you have them, PM me, I'll host them on my server if you want. I love the sound of the Lachute Catback. and it's top on my list right now as it's not all about looks for me. But man, I would die for a dual tip CBE =) Looks awesome. Any more pics from leavel with the rear with the car not hang'n off a lift ;)

Did you get new hangers, any knock'n when cornering, in some of the pics on their website it looks really close to the inside lip of the bumper, any swing and it look's like it will hit?

Archived