LegacyGT.com

Drove a 2010 LGT

My dealership finally got a 2010 LGT and it feels very quick almost sti quick with 3 people in it. The gear ratios seem almost the same based on 2nd going up and beyond 60mph. You expect it to be sluggish cause it looks so big but its only 50lbs heavier than last years manual. Great car and looks awsome in obsidian black pearl.

Well I rode as a passenger and based on 3 people being in the car it felt almost stage 2 quick. Then I drove it after everybody else and after it was sitting so it was deffinetley suffering from massive heat soak so when I drove it it felt kinda like a stock previous generation I didnt get to throw it around corners but it definitley felt stiffer than the 2.5 limiteds we have been driving around. I would go more in depth but they decided to put our only lgt in the showroom so cant drive it anymore.

Not necessarily heatsoak. Cars always feel faster in passenger seat than from behind the wheel.

For me this occurs because I am focused intently on the road...passenger usually feels more quickness. Although, I have found in really fast cars (500+hp) that they are so quick my focus drops significantly :lol:

For me this occurs because I am focused intently on the road...passenger is always more fun. Although, I have found in really fast cars (500+hp) that they are so quick my focus drops significantly :lol:

In a 500+ car the passenger should always be looking for cops lol as they tend to get up to 120mph rather quick.

Well I agree but this thing was being ripped on and then sitting and then I hoped in and did 2 wot pulls up and down the street so I am blaming heat soak on my disatisfaction as I do when my car feels slower then normal.

Yeah. Before it's over with everyone will be onboard with the 5th Gen. Like I've said in other threads; I want a 300+HP spec.B 5th Gen Legacy. Man I'd be all over it. I love the car I have now, just wish it had more power. I guess I"m one of the few guys that likes the new body style. But then I've always loved me Subies!

-joe-

Well I agree but this thing was being ripped on and then sitting and then I hoped in and did 2 wot pulls up and down the street so I am blaming heat soak on my disatisfaction as I do when my car feels slower then normal.

Way to break it in!!:lol:

Can I buy that car please? Wot pulls+new car=fail.:rolleyes:

Yeah. Before it's over with everyone will be onboard with the 5th Gen. Like I've said in other threads; I want a 300+HP spec.B 5th Gen Legacy. Man I'd be all over it. I love the car I have now, just wish it had more power. I guess I"m one of the few guys that likes the new body style. But then I've always loved me Camry!

-joe-

fixed for free:)

Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

LOL if you think you have ever bought a car that didnt have multiple wot pulls on if new or used you are living under a rock my friend. Unless you drove it straight home from the factory you can be assured that every body who test drove it before you beat the crap out if it. Thats why every car in our inventory has an average of 10 mpg.

LOL if you think you have ever bought a car that didnt have multiple wot pulls on if new or used you are living under a rock my friend. Unless you drove it straight home from the factory you can be assured that every body who test drove it before you beat the crap out if it. Thats why every car in our inventory has an average of 10 mpg.

A few years back I went to a Ford dealer and they had a previous MY Mustang convertible with 1100 miles... (yes, 1.1K miles) Brand new...

It wasn't a dealer demo, it just was always test driven and then conveniently the people who would test drive it would choose a different one. Kind of like that one (Toyota, I think it was) pickup truck commercial where the person drives the crap out of a truck, takes it offroading, etc... Then when they get back to the dealer they say they want it...but in a different color. :lol:

Mine wasn't even on the lot. It was in their storage facility with less than 6 miles on it. I was the only person to have test driven it (to my knowledge.) Who knows how the dealer drove it for those 5 miles though. I wonder if I pushed it during the test drive, if I still would have bought it.

Well I guess it depends on the dealership personnel.:rolleyes:

My 00RS had 15 miles on it

my 02 WRX had 3miles on it

My 04 STi I watched as it was rolled off the truck.2 miles.

My 05 GT 20 miles,late model year purchase.

What are you some kinda lot jockey/salesman?

I'm not living under a rock but your one of the reasons people like one guy here videod his car being abused when taken in for service "my friend".

:spin:

Mine wasn't even on the lot. It was in their storage facility with less than 6 miles on it. I was the only person to have test driven it (to my knowledge.) Who knows how the dealer drove it for those 5 miles though. I wonder if I pushed it during the test drive, if I still would have bought it.

You do know most factorys test all cars that come off the line by taking them to redline for 5min or so. So yes even a car with 0 miles on it will have had some factory engine WOT tests

You do know most factorys test all cars that come off the line by taking them to redline for 5min or so. So yes even a car with 0 miles on it will have had some factory engine WOT tests

No clue. It's not about rpm, it's about rpm AND load.

Ok.... that's nice. I've NEVER EVER heard that before. So be it if Subaru does that. I know our Inifiniti was driven around a test rack. They left us a nice little note in the glove compartment giving us all the details and explanation of the 20 miles on it.

No reason to get personal buddy not everybody is a nuerotic who needs to see the car drive off the truck. Its the way the world works and it is indeed true your motor got a hell of an awakening at the factory when they ripped on it and saved its stats in the engine database. Making personal attacks agianst me and my place of business is pretty low man im just a fellow lgt owner trying to give insight into the new car and I know for damn sure if you came to test drive the thing yourself you would wot it out a little, and if you didnt well then what kind of consumer would you be? Probably not an educated one. I know it might be a long trip down from your pedastil but if you start now then the descent to the real world might not be so dramatic.

Archived