LegacyGT.com

How to clear codes

Disconnecting the battery doesn't "clear" codes anymore then it "clears" your clock or fuel trims, they're just no longer stored in active memory. They'll be back once you complete the open/closed loop (a few times).

Torque + Seagate iCar, $20 for OBD2 code retrieval and removal with added real -time monitoring of any data that your car has a sender for on your phone. FWIW I wouldn't let any codes ride on these cars that I didn't cause through mods.

FWIW I wouldn't let any codes ride on these cars that I didn't cause through mods.

One of the truest statements I have ever read :)

I've let a couple CEL's run a bit longer than I should and boy, was that a mistake!

You can also reset the CEL by turning the engine off/on four times. When you get a overboost CEL you can push in the clutch and do the off/on 4 times and the CEL is gone.

Had to do that once in my Spec after I put the DP on. Haven't had a CEL since.

Back in the early day's with my wagon with a manual boost controller it would happen a lot.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived