LegacyGT.com

Using The Ebay/VAG-COM Cable To Datalog

qikslvr

will this cable work with the 06's?

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/OBD2-Diagnostic-Cable-KKL409-1-VAG-COM/dp/B002WIN8VQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316411215&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: OBD2 OBD II Diagnostic USB Cable For KKL409.1 VAG-COM 409: Electronics[/ame]

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
Ok guys, I'm pretty sure I've installed my cable correctly, and I've downloaded the definitions into romraider, but romraider isn't detecting my ecu when it's hooked up. I still have my AP hooked up, I'm trying to make sure that this works before I dissconnect and sell my AP. Would the AP V1 block romraider from being able to read the ECU entirely? I was under the impression that it would just stop you from being able to write to the ECU. Thanks alot for your help guys.

Your APv1 will not block romraider from reading data reported in your ECU. Furthermore, if you have an APv1, you can just use that cable to datalog, you just need to purchase a serial to usb adapter and run the proper driver for your OS. Nevertheless, if you've already got the Vag-com cable, make sure that romraider is reading to the correct COM port on your laptop.

Rom raider is reading the correct com port, I'm planning on selling the AP to go with an open source tune. I'm just getting really frustrated here. I just un-installed the drivers for the cable 4 times and reinstalled them again, I just re-downloaded all of the logger and ecu definitions, and even re-booted my laptop a couple of times for good measure. It still doesn't recognize the car being on the other end of the cable. The stupid blue Leds on the end of the cable light up when I plug it into the car, and I've made sure that that is really tight in there. I don't know what to do next.

Exactly what kind of cable are you using? E.g. OpenPort 1.3, OpenPort 2.0, eBay special, etc.

Try your cable+laptop on other Subarus. Try your cable with someone else's laptop. Try someone else's cable with your laptop. If you were in my area I'd help you out with all that, but I'm across the country from you.

I can't get this f*cking thing to work. I installed the drivers from ftdi's site. I'm using win 7 64bit, selected 4800 speed in device manager settings. Learning view says ecu ID not found/not supported. RR logger will conenct for 2 sec then d/c then connect then d/c all over again- sounds like the speeds aren't the same, though I changed it from 9600 to 4800(or whatever) and it still won't work.

Try these drivers. This is what I use with my older vagcom cable and it works for everything (LV, ECUFlash, RR). I am on Win7 64 bit. Before using those drivers, you need to completely removed the drivers from Windows and actually have it remove the driver/software too.

http://www.crimetank.com/misc/CDM20602.zip

Important note: if you have a newer vagcom cable, you will have to find an older version of ECUFlash (1.29) to flash. Everything else will work just fine though. I don't know when the switch was made on the vagcom cable. I have an old one I bought about 3 years ago, and new one I bought about 2-3 months ago. New one needs old ecuflash.

Read this:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/updated-ecuflash-now-cant-connect-169839.html?t=169839

Edited by iNVAR

• 2 months later...

A couple of the last few guys just sound like they have an unsupported ROM. I just bought a VAG-COM and downloaded the rom flawlessley off mine. I'm going to go out and play with the logger next. Mine is blue and I got it from amazon.

Oh and also my car (2006 2.5i) has ECU revision E2VG212B and the E2VG222B one is almost identical. All tables seem perfect.

Edited by Leviman

• 3 weeks later...
having trouble gettin RR to read my ecu, this is what i see, ive got the latest and greatest drivers from this thread and another tried installing all of them but this is all im getting. Nothing is popping into the COM box and i just got connecting at the top right, however LV and ECUflash work fine

rr.thumb.jpg.1730cb3c481db8481f1348b8cb748825.jpg

StageIII Cryotune-Kinugawa STS TD06H-20GTX 9 blade turbine, ID1000, DW65c, 73mm MegaMAF , GS EWG up-pipe, Downpipe and EBCS, FMS FMIC, TGV Delete, Brembo swap

yeah, i switched over to my wifes 32bit system everything is good to go now thanks for the help though
StageIII Cryotune-Kinugawa STS TD06H-20GTX 9 blade turbine, ID1000, DW65c, 73mm MegaMAF , GS EWG up-pipe, Downpipe and EBCS, FMS FMIC, TGV Delete, Brembo swap

• 2 months later...
having trouble gettin RR to read my ecu, this is what i see, ive got the latest and greatest drivers from this thread and another tried installing all of them but this is all im getting. Nothing is popping into the COM box and i just got connecting at the top right, however LV and ECUflash work fine

i get the same thing, nothing shows in the com or port section, i believe i installed the correct vag com driver. i was even able to get my bluetooth dongle to assign to a port on my computer..would that work as a vagcom/tactric style cable? (wireless)

which operating system are you using my x64 wouldnt work i had to use my wives 32 bit laptop

i would say try 32 bit system if you have one or just go for the tactrix 1.3

i got a 2007 samsung tablet windows xp with a keyboard and mouse. its like an oldschool tablet book that unfolds into a computer. if i can get it workin it would look sick mounted in car

• 2 months later...
i had this working fine on my windows netbook until it died, new charger ordered but i need to do some logs tomorrow. Has anyone got a cheap ebay vagcom cable working with rom raider or learning view on a mac? Only option i have at the minute

i had this working fine on my windows netbook until it died, new charger ordered but i need to do some logs tomorrow. Has anyone got a cheap ebay vagcom cable working with rom raider or learning view on a mac? Only option i have at the minute

I actually got this working on mac using the ebay cable running through virtualbox, i downloaded the cable drivers for mac first, then selected the serial-usb device in virtual box and then installed the windows drivers for it, lowered the baud rate and happy days!

Hi, I just got my vagcom and am able to see everything in Romraider on both my Windows 7 x64 and my ancient xp laptop. However, I cannot get ecuflash to work with either. I have tried both 1.29 as well as the most up to date one. I have use the openport drivers, tried the other ones (ftsomething, i think) I get the same message each time:

denso challenge-response

challenge is XX XX XX XX XX

response is XX XX XX XX XX

If romraider works, and ecuflash recognizes my cable, why can't I connect? I've tried also every combination of green connectors. Passenger kick panel, driver's knee plate. I really don't have the money for a tactrix right now. Any help?? ..please?!