LegacyGT.com

Stage 2 Finally!

I can't believe I didn't do this before, such a difference :wub:

[ame=

]
[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRhbAOENPxs&hd=1]2008 Subaru Legacy GT Stage 2 rev - YouTube[/ame]

UPDATE:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ewj2O1kPnCU&hd=1]Legacy GT 2008 Parking lot Rev and drive by - YouTube[/ame]

Mods:

Invidia catless dp

Magnaflow catback

Racer X FMIC

Tru-Cool 4454 Transmission cooling kit

K&N Typhoon Intake

Avo fuel pump

Air pump delete kit

R-Rev Carbon Fiber Grille

Stoptech brake pads

E-tuned

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
stage 2 is "fun" up to 50mph, after that your boner goes from solid to inverted

This is where most of us like to have our fun--and I disagree. I'm only at the beginning of my stage 2 tuning process and 60-80 (passing power) is significantly different (unless I blow my TB hose off the intercooler, then power is diverted to my aflac sound machine).

I have really little interest in what my power level is after about 85/90mph. I occasionally go above 80mph, but not usually on purpose unless I'm doing a pull for logging reasons. To each his own though :)

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

stage 2 is slow...stage 2 is "fun" up to 50mph, after that your boner goes from solid to inverted

Im confused. Is stae 2 slow or is it "fun"? I think we should rename stage 1 "stage fixed", stage 2 "stage fun" and stage 3 "stage Id rather be young instead":lol:

Stage 2 is a good start though. Gotta start somewhere

Stage 2 is the prep for stage 3+ so its not only a good start, its a okay place to stop or just the tip of the iceberg.

I'm only at the beginning of my stage 2 tuning process and 60-80 (passing power) is significantly different have really little interest in what my power level is after about 85/90mph. I occasionally go above 80mph

Its easy to say that when you don't know what a LGT with 350hp/400tq feel like. I walk a stage 2 to 80mph like a stage 2 walks a 2.5i. I totally agree that a smaller turbo can be more fun in 2nd gear. I carve mountain roads at 50-90 more than very tight twisties at 20-50. Different setups for different folks.

• Mega Users
stage 2 is like childs play. Lol. Its cute and fun. Stage 3+ is where the thrill seekers lie. And i'm not talking about a bnr 16g.

lol u are the man!!!

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

Stage 3 pulls like mad but for those of us that can't afford a new shortblock, or 2 (looking at you bmx :) ), stage 2 is probably fun enough. I'll be jumping to stage 2 soon and that will be it. I don't have the funds to be blowing trannies and short blocks.

• Moderators
Stage 3 pulls like mad but for those of us that can't afford a new shortblock...

^^This. I don't have an engine fund yet so I, like others, cant really justify going with a much bigger turbo or trying to go much farther than 300whp or so.

I also have not been in a LGT with 350-400hp, so you're right, I don't know exactly what that would feel like. I HAVE driven cars with close to 500bhp before though (S55 AMG) and know what real power feels like. Short story? I love it, but cant afford it right now...and that includes upgrading my LGT to equivalent an weight:hp ratio.

I think it's easier to agree that stage 2 is fast(er) than stage 1 and slow(er) than stage 3+. It's also cheap(er) than stage 3+.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Stage 2 took me forever but now it puts a grin on my face.

Any plans for going beyond?

Yea I don't think I'll be going any further than Stage 2. This is the right amount of power for me at the moment.

IMHO I hope it always feels that way for you. What "everyone" tends to forget is that Stage 3+ is all about SUPPORTING MODS not about the turbo (or even shortblock:lol:) in general, Stage3+ requires these things to support it that you can get away without at Stage2 (although its not as much fun without suspension).

Intercooler, Clutch, Flywheel, Injectors, Fuel Pump, Brake Upgrade, Suspension Upgrade, Tires = $$$$$$$$$$

With the exception of a BnR16g or vf52 on OEM fueling which is a great "poor-mans" stage 3 if you want to look at it from a cost standpoint (although there is nothing poor about the performance of a BnR16g/vf52'd LGT compared to a vf40/46'd LGT).

Yessiree, Stage 2 is dollar for dollar the biggest bang for the buck. Its one of those too-good-to-be-true moments that are so infrequent in life.

Archived