LegacyGT.com

0.5 drop (if that) wanted.

The first substantial thing I'm looking to upgrade on my 97 lgt wagon is the suspension. From reading around on here it seems most people look to achieve at least an inch drop when doing this. I'm pretty sure I only want a 0.5-1 inch drop. Most people seem to push the h&r sport springs and the kyb gr2 struts. With that setup is it a set drop or would I be able to adjust it closer to somewhere between 0.5-1"?

I guess it seems safer to me I guess? I really don't know enough about the pros and cons though. How much of a handling difference would the drop make and is it that much more risky for those unexpected potholes and dips?

kyb gr-2 struts and h&r springs give a nice aggressive drop and increase handling immensely over stock setup, with the gt bumper, you'll still have enough clearance maybe (6-8") for the bumper to go over the curb when you park, i have about 4.5" of clearance from the road to the lip of my limited bumper and ive been fine driving around the pothole capital of the US, so you have some room to work with

yeah it's quite a difference with stiffness. I'm just adjusting to the new ride; it's around an inch lower for me, and not only does it look really good, I haven't had problems with any rubbing going over speedbumps, potholes, whatever. the ride quality has gone through the roof too...how many miles are on yours?

If you want a want a drop with a nice spring rate I would go with ebanchi pro kit springs. the drop is verry little 0.7 and then a good 1inch when settled in. I dont worry about speed bumps or potholes too much, I treat it like I am stock height.

Well there are 170k on the car and I'm pretty sure the suspension has never been touched, haha. So I'm guessing any upgrade will feel awesome. Thanks Westcoast, I'll look into those a little as well.

it means how stiff the springs are, some springs are softer, for a more stock comport ride, some have more aggressive spring rates that, will make you feel uncomfortable when used as a dd. But its all up to the drivers perference.

Archived