LegacyGT.com

FS(CA): Arai Profile Motorcycle Helmet NEW!

scoobyscoodle

For sale I have an Arai Profile helmet in matte black. The size is a "Large" (7 1/4 - 7 3/8, 59-60cm). This helmet is brand new, but I no longer have the box. Bought the helmet one year ago and never used it, and lost the box when I moved about 7 months ago. I still have the Arai CD, all literature, soft case, etc., just no box. I've never worn this helmet aside from in the store to try it on, it literally smells brand new!! Beautiful helmet, and probably the softest, most comfortable helmet I've tried on; those who have owned Arai's before can attest. No longer have a bike. $400 Shipped/$350 Picked Up.

IMG_0305.thumb.jpg.580e18fcc89f14f753e0b7ad4b2329c5.jpg

IMG_0304.thumb.jpg.a044bbc6836c7551f1de28bef6e160a1.jpg

Initially I thought I wanted a 600 dollar helmet, and I tried on everything I could locally.

Arai and Bell RS-1 fit me the best, and were 240 dollars apart in the store. Suomy was a close second and the shoei's didn't seem to fit me that well.

Found the bell online for 199 and decided to save the money and put the money saved into a better set of gloves and nicer jacket. Maybe I'll regret it someday, but I hope not. Bicycle helmets have saved my life before and I didn't have to have a 200 dollar bike helmet to do it. I'm hoping a snell certified well fitting helmet will protect me should it ever need to.

If I had seen this helmet for 400 bucks in a medium I'd have probably gone for it.

Anyway sorry to thread jack.

Well I should say a 200 dollar helmet is just as safe as a 500 dollar helmet, it's just that the 500 dollar one will be lighter, more aero (lowering wind noise and reducing how much your head gets 'pushed' by the air ahead) and often more comfortable. Both will perform similarly in making sure your brain decelerates at an appropriate rate when head and pavement get intimate.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived