LegacyGT.com

My Roo At Carolina Beach!

My son and I drove to Carolina Beach, near Wilmington, NC last week. I got to the entracnce to Freemans Park, a drive on beach for 4 wheel drive's only. The woman at the gate did not like the looks of my car and suggested we park off the beach. I told her I'd like to investigate the sand then make my decision. After walking out I decided all of our camping gear would be heavy to drag out to the beach. The womean let us out, the sand was very deep and soft but my Roo had no hesitation. Got a few yee-haws from all the trucks. (it made me smile)

Next morning a police man told me "we don't alow sedans on this beach" I said well I paid my dues and the all wheel drive got me hear no problem. Soon it became very apparent that I was dealing with a dick-head, but couldn't put on a bad display in front of my son. Long story short we had to put all my things in the tent and go park the Roo. Oh yeah, and the drive off the beach, went just as smoothe as the way in.

Eat that, all you big truck drivers, my sedan can handle just about anything.

Anyone have a similar story?

100_2244.thumb.jpg.523a24889c79e6d55b7959bcf9890522.jpg

100_2240.thumb.jpg.f9e6d0abd55ed0c7667f4f9729dfa2ab.jpg

Very cool. I was just thinking about this the other day how our LGT's would handle in the sand. Sucks though about the cop. Should have driven by him on the way out with a death stare, maybe a little extra gas to get all 4 wheels spinning :lol:

very sweet. i have been down that way before but didnt get a chance to drive out on the beach. i did hit a huge sand storm right after you cross the big bridge. it pushed like 4-5 inches of sand on the road. it took all of the shine off the front of my car and filled my air box with sand. it took me like 6 months to get all of the sand out of my engine bay. good job representing.... :o)

Archived