LegacyGT.com

Tuning Gurus: Engine Load Dip

need bb

Please plot both boost and load curves together so we can see how closely they correlate (or don't). Or just post your log.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

My guess is boost leak. Your boost peaks and stabilizes before your load does. The turbo is working harder to maintain the target so load keeps climbing. Then as boost starts to drop, load comes back to where it should be.

just a guess. But that's where I would start.

I spent a lot of time trying to find a boost leak after moving to my grimmspeed TMIC, but I could never find one. Using my boost leak tester I could hear some noise by the TMIC, but I could never find anything. Maybe the TMIC has a leak in the core?

After changing the TMIC my spool is slower by about 200 RPMs and my WGDC increased which makes me think there is a leak.

Brian I would be interested in optimizing my existing tune, but this issue seems mechanical related:mad:

You fit a bigger intercooler you will see some lag of course. But note that very often you will see a drop in MRP even MAF and load do not change, due to the cooler charge being more dense. If you are adding WGDC to keep MRP where it was on the TMIC you should be seeing more MAF and load as a result. If not, you're leaking or you've already maxed the turbo out.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

I spent a lot of time trying to find a boost leak after moving to my grimmspeed TMIC, but I could never find one. Using my boost leak tester I could hear some noise by the TMIC, but I could never find anything. Maybe the TMIC has a leak in the core?

After changing the TMIC my spool is slower by about 200 RPMs and my WGDC increased which makes me think there is a leak.

Brian I would be interested in optimizing my existing tune, but this issue seems mechanical related:mad:

I highly doubt the grimmspeed core is leaking. Mike our tuner is pretty good at identifying based off of logs where a leak is coming from. Get a smoker or bring it to someone who has one to identify the leak (if there is any).

-Brian

Contact us for all your tuning and performance parts needs! Etuning the legacy community since 2008!

Follow us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived