LegacyGT.com

Looking to make rhd out of lhd

HAVE BEEN looking into 99 legacy b4 rsk from japan since im having all sort of registration questions and what not would buying the whole front clip from japan http://admin.jprpm.com/rpmgarage/photo.php?id=10188 make it easier due to the fact that id be converting a usdm legacy to rhd? because technically the vin is all i really need to register and itd be an american version. any advice is appreciated

AND PLEASE DONT RESPOND TO POST IF YOUR GOING TO HAVE A STUPID COMMENT BUT ANY ADVICE ABOUT HOW HARD OR WHATEVER IS WELCOME JUST NO ONE WASTING MY TIME

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is one way to accomplish what you're looking to do. Yes, it will be expensive and you will probably have nothing but problems (or at least at first).

I would reccomend having someone cut the USDM fire wall out and replace it with the JDM version, that would look the cleanest and probably work the best.

The other way to do it is to look for cars that are already in the U.S. (assuming they come with an actual stateside title from the DMV). There are some examples where people have been able to import these cars (specifically service men and women). Find someone who has the ability to do so and get ready to reward them handsomely.

Keep us posted, I'd like to hear how you get this done (if you do). Good luck!

What was the last year Subaru sold a USDM RHD for the post office?
06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

The only car I would consider to convert between LHD and RHD are Land Rover series II or possibly series III since that will basically only require some new steering parts and move the pedals around. At least the Series II has a center-located instrument panel.

For a Subaru - count on replacing the whole cable stem and instrument panel too... A lot of work... And there may be parts in the engine bay that has to be changed and/or relocated too... :spin:

453747.png

Oh, and you soon will realize that the best way to get information is to use good grammar and punctuation (and do your research before hand by looking for people who have already done this).

thanks so much and just like everyone slwyas says i did use your wonderful search bar and punctuation? dont worry about that. like i said dont post if your gonna write somting rediculous that doesnt pertain to my original question. i may only have a few posts on this forum but have thousands on others so i dont need a lesson on how to post.

My advice is not intended to WASTE your time, it's supposed to SAVE your time.

I'm assuming you're not stupid enough to consider a "cut and shut". So you're going to be swapping parts over? I hope your Japanese supplier can supply you with all the RHD bits that are either missing or broken on the front clip.

And when you're done you'll wind up with a 10 year old car worth less than the shipping cost of the front clip?

Good luck. Post pictures.

Whats with the worst fail poster ever? 9 months to save the cash? Please lol moneys not the issue its the advice from you guys i need i mean not really but any insider tips are great im not gonna go rhd @ first but ill have all the parts but i am def gonnna go twinn turbo rsk motor swap immed so anyone with knowledge of this cool. Not some moronic posts wold be great thanx

thanks so much and just like everyone slwyas says i did use your wonderful search bar and punctuation? dont worry about that. like i said dont post if your gonna write somting rediculous that doesnt pertain to my original question. i may only have a few posts on this forum but have thousands on others so i dont need a lesson on how to post.

Before you get a lesson how to post, you need some English lessons.

Who wants to take guesses on the OP's age? Who wants to take guesses on who's paying for the proposed swap and donor car?

My guess would be my tax dollars and food stamps...but seeing as food stamps cant buy a vehicle, im at a total ******* loss.

And age-wise....16?

Here's the difference between people who can pull this off, and you.

People who can pull this off: They don't come onto a forum and simply ask, "Tell me how to make my car the way I want it." They have the bank, at least 5 figures. The first number being at least a 2. They've researched and consulted with professionals. Their end project will be worth more than the sum of the parts and labor.

You: Have no idea what you are doing. Couldn't afford to do it properly even if you spread the project over 3 years, which is how long it will probably take anyways. Will end up with a car that will never be street legal, will be slower then the car the engine came from, and will be worth less than the gas in the tank.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Archived