LegacyGT.com

Grille Idea

branab3

I had seen alot of different grilles out there and none really looked like I wanted mine to look. So I modified my factory grille and it was really not too hard. I may not be the first to do this, but it is the first I have seen. Tell me what you think:bbq:

Photo_101509_001.thumb.jpg.54579a574530b979cf607da5a911eda3.jpg

Photo_101509_002.thumb.jpg.378707ca8cb038a8cc3ef548e1839fc8.jpg

Photo_101909_001.thumb.jpg.51690721022dfca96b478df567ed22be.jpg

Looks good!:)

I have been struggling with my grille project for 2+ years as I am also not satisfied with the look of other many of the DIY grills.. When you cut away the back portion of the grille, did you ditch retain the little clips that attach to the bumper? If so, is it still pretty sturdy?

Sorry for the delay and thanks for the feedback, the bumber is satin black bumper flex paint my company sells, (Kimball Midwest) and the grille is sturdy due to me retaining the clips on the bumper and the four for the radiator core support. It also had an effect that I am pleased with, when you cut out the top portion of the inside of the grille, it opens up a little more to the factory air intake box, pseudo ram-air, well technically, it is! You can visibly see the wide intake scoop without obstruction. BTW, the black is still growing on me also, but there is no turning back from that! I did it as an idea to enhance the look of that grille area, and also to cover up a few scratcehs my children left me as a present! My dad, old Air Force guy, says it looks like an F-100 Super Sabre, I sot of agree. And yes, both the mesh and the lower grille satin black are under current consideration, but the jury is out still, I can't "Race/Rice" it out too much, this is my business car! I take clients out all the time and most of them don't even like the fact that I drive a foreign car, even thoug it is assembled in Indiana!

• 2 weeks later...
Good Eye, it was off, I realligned it and installed it again. With the fit, you kind of have to push down there while sliding it in, but not too much to avoid scratching the paint!
looks like in the 3rd pic you have the grill mounted wrong. Be sure that when you put it back on that you hook the bottom edge on first then press the top clips in. It looks like you missed the middle hooks.

Archived