LegacyGT.com

Official 5th Generation Suspension Thread

Please Pm delta sniper to update first post.

He has always been responsive.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

subielove1010,

Not sure why some folks are treated well and others not so well? your question was legit and usually you get a page number or tread reference instead of ? I have a 2010 lgt that is stock. I have several months on the RCE Blacks and bilsteins recommended by the RCE owner. I love the combo and love the ride. It lowered the car about .75 of an inch and tightened everything up. I drive on mountain roads that are a times rough. I drive 14 hours several times a year on the interstate. I did not like the floaty feeling of the original setup. I had a 540I BMW with a sport suspension for years and loved the ride. This is not that. It is close, however. With the RCE Blacks and bilsteins you give up a little of the soft ride but it is well worth it.

What the member was advised was to read the 2 or 3 posts literally right before that answer to exactly the same question.

There are a handful of people on this forum that go waaaaayyyyy out of their way to help others, both with info and hands on help, GTeaser being a shining example. ;)

What the member was advised was to read the 2 or 3 posts literally right before that answer to exactly the same question.

There are a handful of people on this forum that go waaaaayyyyy out of their way to help others, both with info and hands on help, GTeaser being a shining example. ;)

:wub:

Konis FTW ;)

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

I still say someone just has to try the konis and springs that are sold for the 08+ WRX. I am talking about the set on tire rack which is complete koni struts and shocks and H&R springs for under $800.

Get a 3/8" to 1/2" rake in front...not a horrible stance.

http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/suspension.jsp?make=Koni&model=Sport+Damper+Set+%26+Springs&group=Sport+Damper+Set+%26+Springs&partNum=1140-0461&autoMake=Subaru&autoModel=Impreza+WRX+4-Door&autoYear=2009&autoModClar=Base

If I had a 2.5 base again, I would do this. I had a rake due to the konis in the WRX housing, so it would make no difference.

$766 for springs and shocks, are you joking!

The price may sway me to try these when the time comes. Although, I couldn't find much user experience with these.

No one has these on a legacy as they are meant for a wrx, but they will fit just fine. Your front drop will be the stated amount plus 3/8" to 1/2". Rear drop will be the stated amount exactly.

Find out the spring rates of the H&R springs that come with this set and decide if it is enough for you. They are meant for a lighter car but lighter by what 200# to 300#?

Rce springs have a final rate of 240#...and stockers are ~210# for reference when you find out the h&r rates for the particular springs sold as spring/shock set by tire rack...if they give you that information.

Edited by fredrik94087

Yes, but I'd just leave it with the slight angle.

Here is my old setup with RCE springs and konis in WRX housing...so 3/8" lower in front.

http://legacygt.com/forums/album.php?albumid=1481&pictureid=8329

http://legacygt.com/forums/album.php?albumid=1481&pictureid=8328

That is on a slightly angled driveway and it still looks okay.

Update on the Megan Stiff suspension....Gborja888 was right. The stiff was mainly due to the cold. Two days ago it was almost 70 and the ride was smooth.

Still, would like softer but will not spend $3k on coils and don't want do bags. I just like my cars low.

Update on the Megan Stiff suspension....Gborja888 was right. The stiff was mainly due to the cold. Two days ago it was almost 70 and the ride was smooth.

Still, would like softer but will not spend $3k on coils and don't want do bags. I just like my cars low.

My KW's do that. Gets really stiff below 30 degrees. With the 50 degree temps around here the past week or two it's been noticeably better.

Anyone running the H&R coilovers street perfoemance???? Thoughts??

http://www.hrsprings.com/products/coil-overs/

On paper, they look good. Progressive rate springs for street comfort, with valving tuned for those rates and mono-tube dampers for reduced hysteresis. Sounds like a solid street/daily coilover. I'm sure it'll be very comfortable.

I'd easily bet so. I'll have an EXACT answer at the end of the month. I know with the factory strut on the tein s.tech springs I could stick my finger between it and the tire.

I don't know about clearance to the top of the fender. Been over a year man...quit picking on me lol

We'll get that car running!!! Haha thanks. I'm just wondering if these wheels will clear I've thought about. 18x9.5 +40. They sit in 17mm more than yours. Haha that's why I ask. So thanks.

I've been toying with the idea of a 285/35r18 on a 18x10 +35 tire for summer. Can't really justify another 1800-2500$ for the setup though.

Guess I should sell some crap in my garage I have no use for.