LegacyGT.com

Who has the most miles on their LGT, and how are they holding up? - Vol-2

Bought at 44k, went Stg2 around 65k miles, and am now just under 96k. Original clutch, TOB, motor, turbo, and WP. Did all regular services, OCIs every 4k miles, and recently had the 90k + TB done at 92k miles. Flushed the PS fluid and changed out the serpentine belts at 94k. Car's running like a champ and eats zero oil. Bunch of suspension and reliability mods along the way.

Trying to figure out what my next step will be. 1) Stick with Stg2, maybe picking up a GS TMIC and a rebuilt JmP VF40 for just a tad more power, and stick with reliability. 2) Go Stg3 with a VF52/BNR16 and fueling upgrades. 3) Call it quits and sell or trade in.

Just hit 220k. Original At trans and turbo but unfortunately the block and one of the heads went because of a botched rebuild. But swapped it with a 04 a sti block had laying around.

I bought an auto be more involved in my uninvolvedness . 200k+ Club

If you can't blind them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

My high mileage turd.

stock block is dead at 165,xxx... I knew I had jinxed it by posting in here a couple weeks earlier. It had been on a CryoTune with uppipe, downpipe, ebcs, and BNR16G for the last couple years.

Had nothing to do with that triple-digit back road run and a loud pop? :lol:

2005 LGT Stage 2.5 - Just under 172K miles.

- Passenger side cam cover just started leaking oil on the uppipe... buying parts to replace gaskets.

- Clicking from rear while turning and >5 MPH... think this is a rear wheel bearing (or both). Hopefully not the differential. Also get a hum on occasion while travelling straight. The click sounds like a broken belt in a tire.... for comparison.

- Rust showing up on driver side quarter just behind rear passenger door (front of rear wheel well).

- Cruising oil pressure (~70 psi) is a little lower than it was when new (~80psi)... but what can you do...?

Other than that, she's chugging along. It's been a great car and I've enjoyed it immensely. Replaced clutch at 125K miles. Still on stock turbo.

Edited by mccorry

think my turbo went on the way in. I"m not sure yet...I could be ultra paranoid. but heard a sound I never heard before while driving to work. a whirring noise...not the turbo spooling. it's hard to explain. but when I let off the gas, it stopped. pulled over, popped the hood (like I'd see anything), got back in and drove off like there was an egg on my gas pedal.

didn't hear the noise again. at work now, will have to drive the same way back home. I'm 30 miles from home....i need to get it closer to home.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

think my turbo went on the way in. I"m not sure yet...I could be ultra paranoid. but heard a sound I never heard before while driving to work. a whirring noise...not the turbo spooling. it's hard to explain. but when I let off the gas, it stopped. pulled over, popped the hood (like I'd see anything), got back in and drove off like there was an egg on my gas pedal.

didn't hear the noise again. at work now, will have to drive the same way back home. I'm 30 miles from home....i need to get it closer to home.

Is yours MT or AT? Since it's gotten colder, my 5EAT makes a (also hard to describe (almost) RPM-dependent 'whirring/clattery' noise) only when in gear and until warmed past about 1/3 of the way to ~180F-ish. Seems to be evident more toward the driver's side. You?

Is yours MT or AT? Since it's gotten colder, my 5EAT makes a (also hard to describe (almost) RPM-dependent 'whirring/clattery' noise) only when in gear and until warmed past about 1/3 of the way to ~180F-ish. Seems to be evident more toward the driver's side. You?

MT. mine was well warmed up. was nearly at work

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

made it home. kept it under 4k rpms the whole way. when I got to the top of the last hill, i heard it again. best I can describe the noise...know when something spins too fast and it makes that noise....yeah...that. :lol:.

I purposefully gave it a little gas periodically on my non stop drive home, and could hear the turbo working, but no noise. until that last hill.

needless to say..it's parked until i can get under and check it out.

Cracked ringland (suspected) at 120k miles.

I got the car certified pre-owned at 67k

Stock motor until 90k ish at that point I went Stage 1

Stage 2 this year at around 110k

Oil changes every 3750

Also no real indications that it went. Still feels like it drives the same. I got a cel for a misfire on #4 and cleared it. It went away and hasn't come back. I drove out to the shop and was monitoring misfires only hitting 3ish (cel comes on a 40).

Shop pulled data from the ecu and said there isn't any indications of excessive knock.

Edited by Rhitter

Hit 143K today, need to fix that gas line that contracts in the cold, probably grease the starter shaft too. Sounds like a wheel bearing is going on the only one that was every replaced. Looking to drop in an up pipe and check the turbo for shaft play sometime next week. Still have banjo bolts and oil at 3-5K has been looking very clean.

189k this week. No new major issues, just the same plethora as everyone else. Will start collecting small parts for a engine rebuild over the next 12 months. Not sure I trust the current engine enough to spend money on go faster parts and 200kish maintenance.

• I Donated
Cracked ringland (suspected) at 120k miles.

I got the car certified pre-owned at 67k

Stock motor until 90k ish at that point I went Stage 1

Stage 2 this year at around 110k

Oil changes every 3750

Also no real indications that it went. Still feels like it drives the same. I got a cel for a misfire on #4 and cleared it. It went away and hasn't come back. I drove out to the shop and was monitoring misfires only hitting 3ish (cel comes on a 40).

Shop pulled data from the ecu and said there isn't any indications of excessive knock.

Sounds like not a cracked ringland, then. Unless it's a very mild crack. Mine had tons of knock at idle and low load with a cracked ringland, and did not run well except at full throttle either.

Coming up on 93k, TB,hoses,belts,LWCP & LCA bushings replaced, Blackstone report looks great, says to take the T6 to 5k, I'll still do 3.2-3.7 OCI's. LWCP does make a difference on the 5eat as do the LCA bushings.