crrider80

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, me too.

If I'm not mistaken, the CAN transceiver and receiver is in the cluster, correct?

Rick, are you still running the auto cluster like me? I wonder if we swapped that out, the CAN system might not look for the TCM.

Yes that is correct.

and what happens if you leave the tcm plug in and disable p0700 ?

The p0700 is the tcm error code you get when the tcm is disconnected. It goes away when you disable the code. The P0600 is the can bus error code, with the TCU plugged in my car didn't idle right and felt very jerky.

The p0700 is the tcm error code you get when the tcm is disconnected. It goes away when you disable the code. The P0600 is the can bus error code, with the TCU plugged in my car didn't idle right and felt very jerky.

Interesting...This is the phenomena I am experiencing now. Didn't want to read into into it too much until I get it on the dyno. Kinda feel like its down on power too. No other codes in the ECU.

I do not have the clutch switch wired in as I am using my automatic car starter. Can only starts in Neutral. It takes a little getting used to, but I figure its better than finding it in my neighbor's yard if I leave it in gear and hit the button.

Interesting...This is the phenomena I am experiencing now. Didn't want to read into into it too much until I get it on the dyno. Kinda feel like its down on power too. No other codes in the ECU.

I do not have the clutch switch wired in as I am using my automatic car starter. Can only starts in Neutral. It takes a little getting used to, but I figure its better than finding it in my neighbor's yard if I leave it in gear and hit the button.

I'm just curious, did you completely disconnect the TCU? Please post the results of the dyno as well.

I'm gonna be using a tranny from a 98 Legacy GT wagon (TY752V2DAA) and a 97 Forester L rear diff (4.111). I'm wondering if the LGT auto axles will work with this transmission and rear differential. Also, which driveshaft should work with this combo? Thanks.

-Steve

I'm gonna be using a tranny from a 98 Legacy GT wagon (TY752V2DAA) and a 97 Forester L rear diff (4.111). I'm wondering if the LGT auto axles will work with this transmission and rear differential. Also, which driveshaft should work with this combo? Thanks.

-Steve

If your going to do this to an 05 and up Legacy it might make more sense to use that generations transmission and rear diff. I don't think transmissions from the older non-turbo Legacies are as strong.

If your going to do this to an 05 and up Legacy it might make more sense to use that generations transmission and rear diff. I don't think transmissions from the older non-turbo Legacies are as strong.

Yes, very true. But I got a killer deal on said transmission and rear end for a killer deal.

I lost my link to the actual swap write up. Anyone care to help me out?? Thanks..

Oh, one other question, anyone flat out just swap whole engines and accouterment to complete this? How much was it, and where was it done? If it was professional, that would be great, since there would be shops out there with great working knowledge and clean build abilities. I got an o5 LGT in storage with only 30K on the ode that would make a great donor car if its cost effective.

Which would be more expensive when the tranny blows.

Yes, also true. However, a lot of turboed 2.5rs and RSTI people are using the stock transmission. To my understanding the 2.5rs 5mt and 98 LGT's 5mt are very similar.

Can you guys help me out? Any insight on this?

-Steve

I am interested in this as well i picked up a clutch master and slave cylinder, tranny, and all the lines, down pipe, wiring harness and cross member for like 200 bucks whats this about a diff though? You cant just use the stock diff when converting?

I am interested in this as well i picked up a clutch master and slave cylinder, tranny, and all the lines, down pipe, wiring harness and cross member for like 200 bucks whats this about a diff though? You cant just use the stock diff when converting?

the center diff ratio has to match the rear diff ratio. which car did you grab these parts off of?

i tend to question using the use of an auto brain on a manual transmission. I wonder if the fuel and boost maps are the same. In other words, how will the fuel and boost characteristics be affected by having a manual transmission? Dont manual cars have different peak boost levels for each gear?

i tend to question using the use of an auto brain on a manual transmission. I wonder if the fuel and boost maps are the same. In other words, how will the fuel and boost characteristics be affected by having a manual transmission? Dont manual cars have different peak boost levels for each gear?

It's all in the tune. One thing you will have to do is ground out the AT/MT identifier pin, or the car will idle poorly and have a stuttering feeling while driving it. I posted a thread on this forum a while back about how to do it. I don't have time to link it, just search for AT/MT identifier pin.