LegacyGT.com

bad sweak

i got a very loud sweak in my car that only heppens when on the gas. the only time it dont sweak while on the gas is when turning a little left.

i recently just adjusted the tierod endlike like 1 degree at the most. now my car follows lines in the road. it always sweaked like this before i adjusted it it is just louder now. i checked on my levels. and they are fine now.

• I Donated

you need to go get your car aligned.

You can't just adjust your tie rods and hope for the best.

If your car is wandering following grooves in the road and your tires are squeaking while driving, your toe is SEVERELY out and you need a professional alignment.

Your car is NOT safe to drive like this. Go get it fixed properly

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated

out as in not where its suppose to be. outside of specs.

You need a 4 wheel alignment. Your front tires are aligned to the rear tires. So if the rears are not aligned correctly your fronts wont align correctly.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated

wrong.

the rears have no factory camber adjustment. They have TOE adjustments only. You can install aftermarket camber bolts to allow for camber adjustments though.

Your front toe is set according to your rear toe. Trust me I know what I'm talking about. I do this shit for a living lol

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

• I Donated

They may and may not have play depending on how you jack up the car.

On a Mcferson style strut setup (like your car), you have to check the front end for play with the suspension unloaded...meaning you DO NOT jack it up from the control arms. Most alignment techs jack every car up from the lower control arms. This is the wrong method on a Subaru.

Another way to check the wheel bearings is to grab the strut spring and spin the wheel. If you have bad bearings, you will feel grinding through teh strut.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

• I Donated
yeah thats how youre suppose to jack it up when you check for play in your front end. most people who do alignments jack it up from the lower control arms...even though the lower control arms is wrong on subarus. you can take it back to teh shop and tell them they are checking the front end the wrong way. tell them the suspension has to be "unloaded" in order to properly check it

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

• I Donated

your wheel bearings won't squeak. your brakes and tires will make that kind of noise though.

just take it to the shop and get it fixed. i can't fix it for you over the internet.

and get an alignment. I can almost PROMISE you thats your problem

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

• I Donated

So what are you trying to figure out? It would help if at first you come out and say all reliant information.

Try and drive better. If you can't stop crashing into things, then maybe you should be driving.

You probably bent something somewhere.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

As this response was all the rage in middle school; "at least I'm not a dumbass."

[...]i recently just adjusted the tierod endlike like 1 degree at the most. now my car follows lines in the road. it always sweaked like this before i adjusted it it is just louder now. i checked on my levels. and they are fine now.

yea i know. im running a spare, a 1.5 inch lift and i hit stuff. alot

Case in point. Also: http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html.

you need to go get your car aligned.

You can't just adjust your tie rods and hope for the best.

If your car is wandering following grooves in the road and your tires are squeaking while driving, your toe is SEVERELY out and you need a professional alignment.

Your car is NOT safe to drive like this. Go get it fixed properly

your wheel bearings won't squeak. your brakes and tires will make that kind of noise though.[...]

So what are you trying to figure out? It would help if at first you come out and say all reliant information. Try and drive better. If you can't stop crashing into things, then maybe you should be driving.

You probably bent something somewhere.

:whore:, eleventy billion. Solid advice, thus far not followed. If you don't have access to an alignment rack, fork over the cash to get the car properly aligned. It's incredibly difficult and time consuming to do it yourself. Firestone usually charges about one and an half times the price of a regular alignment for a lifetime alignment deal; it pays itself off the second time you use it.

Also, just to show that I'm an equal opportunity contributor, to broknindarkagain: it's "relevant," not "reliant" and "shouldn't," not "should." ;)

• I Donated

Lol sorry for the typos. One if my hands are prettt messed up and im onn ppain killers lol

Sent from my Android powered HTC HD2

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

And im in highschool. they do not focus on spelling and have not since the 5th grade. plus my keyboard and my hands do not like each other. I often find myself pressing twice the amount of keys that i planned on. I seems like everyone in my age group has a hard time spelling. i think in a few years this may become a bigger problem. but for now, we just ask adults and use spell check. even one of my ex's that rights all the time and reads all the time is still a horrible speller.

And i didnt want an alignment yet and im broke and this car is sucking money out of me.. ill get alignment done when i get my all seasons mounted. or if i do get another car i'm just gonna though some kinda bobcat tire on the car and weld the diffs and trailer it to the mud trails.

Archived