LegacyGT.com

This the correct rotor for the 05 lgt sedan?

yep that's the correct front. I think amazon might be a little cheaper though.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Centric-Parts-120-47024-Premium-E-Coating/dp/B000IY4A2W/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pdT1_S_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=33APLLLWJ556E&coliid=IE8JWBY6DU6D2]Front Rotors[/ame]

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Centric-Parts-120-47025-Premium-E-Coating/dp/B000IY4A3Q/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=33APLLLWJ556E&coliid=I3NW0916MK45KP]Rear Rotors[/ame]

they're sold individually, so you need to order 2 of each.

Thanks, looks like partsgeek is cheaper by $2.

Brake pads, Should I get new ones as well? I just put in new ones in like May or June

Should be fine I think

Yes for new pads. Good rule of thumb, New rotor = New pads. Whatever imperfection (groves) that are in your old rotors are now is in your old pads. Which you will transfer to your New rotors.

Now I have used old pad in the past (more then 40% left). But I "recondition" them. I sanded them flat & smooth again. Getting rid of the imperfection. If money isn't an issue, I would just buy new pads.

Mike

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

I have a 2009 legacy 3.0R. I had a r/r caliper pad delaminate and ruing the rotor. I ordered a set of brake pads and 2 rear rotors from NAPA. When my mechanic took the wheel off we matched what NAPA sold me and it didn't look the same. I went to VIP and there brake pads and disc showed the same as NAPA parts did.

VIP did a reference check on the 2009 legacy and apparently what I have is a 3.0R with 2.5 brakes. Is this possible? Or is this supposed to be what I bought?

I have a 2009 legacy 3.0R. I had a r/r caliper pad delaminate and ruing the rotor. I ordered a set of brake pads and 2 rear rotors from NAPA. When my mechanic took the wheel off we matched what NAPA sold me and it didn't look the same. I went to VIP and there brake pads and disc showed the same as NAPA parts did.

VIP did a reference check on the 2009 legacy and apparently what I have is a 3.0R with 2.5 brakes. Is this possible? Or is this supposed to be what I bought?

2.5GT or 2.5i?

This site might be useful to you: http://opposedforces.com/parts/legacy/us_b13/type_16/brake_system/rear_brake/

That being said, I'm not sure which is actually stock. I did a cross-reference on rockauto.com; both the rear rotor and brake pad of the 3.0R share the same PN with the 2.5i. Hope that helps!

2.5GT or 2.5i?

This site might be useful to you: http://opposedforces.com/parts/legacy/us_b13/type_16/brake_system/rear_brake/

That being said, I'm not sure which is actually stock. I did a cross-reference on rockauto.com; both the rear rotor and brake pad of the 3.0R share the same PN with the 2.5i. Hope that helps!

Correct. The 3.0R has the same set-up as the 2.5i (and the OBK XT). The 2.5GT has a different set-up.

I like to cook my pets and my family.

Use commas. Don't be a psycho.

Thanks for your replies. I called Subaru in Bangor and they said that they use the vin number of the vehicle to determine which brakes are applicable.

What was funny was that NAPA still didn't show any difference in the pads, even though I brought in my original equipment pads in to show them the difference. They were able to find the correct rottors. I had to go to VIP for the pads.

While I had it in the garage we checked the front brakes and I'll need to replace them in a month or so. I hope I don't go through the same song and dance to get the correct parts with that project.

Thanks for your responses.

Have you tryed one of the vendors on this forum for your brake parts ?

AZPinstalls.com might be a good place to start, they out NJ. Hit Mike up on his contact page off his site.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived