LegacyGT.com

hooking up sub. have a few questions...

timbo7

im currently trying to hook up a sub in my 06 lgt. ive done some searching but cant find my answer. i have all of the kick panels and stuff off. im going to be using a LOC (scosche fai-3a). Is it possible to use the front speakers for the LOC? I found it alot easier to access the front wires coming from the door rather than the rears. just wanted to know if its okay to do that and what colors i would be tapping into. TIA

oh yea, whats a good wire to top into for the remote?

Here's what I did for my Cleansweep (same applies to the LOC).

Buy the forward and reverse plugs for the Legacy (WRX is same) from http://www.geocities.com/svxdc/WRXharness.htm

Then, begin to connect the two ends opposite the plugs (colors match up nicely) and then include the additional wires you need into each connection (i.e. front or rear speaker wires and remote). This allows you to "tap" into the harness without actually cutting the harness or wires in other areas. And...it has the remote turn on you need.

Honestly, the best $25 you'll spend. It's fully reversable when you take your system out.

• 3 months later...
Do you have the stock sub harness? You can run your sub off of that. I will try to find the post that I gave the wire code.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Do you have the stock sub harness? You can run your sub off of that. I will try to find the post that I gave the wire code.

I'll give SVXdc a little more time to respond but if I can't find one I'll just clip into the stock harness.

If you find that diagram let me know...

Here it is http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65009 Look at post 14. I used wire splices so I didn't have to cut any wires. Then you just have to run a fused power to the battery to power the amp. You get the remote on and left and right signal from under the seat.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

• 3 weeks later...
anyone know of another place to get the forward and reverse harness?

Mine are the only ones with all 14 wires. The after-market Subaru harnesses sold by Metra, Scosche, etc. lack one of the two illumination wires (theirs have only 13 wires total). Subaru radios require both illumination wires to light up.

I'll give SVXdc a little more time to respond but if I can't find one I'll just clip into the stock harness.

If you tried to e-mail me, either I didn't receive your message or you didn't get my reply. From time to time, I find "normal-looking" messages in my spam box, and other people have said some of my replies wind up in theirs. Yahoo mail is particularly bad about doing that.

Sorry you weren't able to use my harnesses for your install, but glad to hear everything worked out OK.

For anyone else — if you e-mail me and don't receive a reply within a couple of days, try resending. If you still don't hear back from me, go ahead and send a PM via any of the boards (here, NASIOC, Subaru-SVX.net).

Here it is

I used wire splices so I didn't have to cut any wires. Then you just have to run a fused power to the battery to power the amp. You get the remote on and left and right signal from under the seat.

On the factory sub harness, there is no wire for remote-on. There's only a pin for +12V. On some older harnesses that wire is ignition key switched, but on most cars in the last several years it's constant-on.

In most cases, you'll want to run a separate wire to a source of switched +12V to use as a remote-on for an aftermarket amp.

Here's a better reference for the pin assignments on the factory subwoofer plug:

(see posts 4 and 5). Even if you have a factory subwoofer T-harness with different colors, the pin functions have not changed, so you can identify the wires by the pin numbers on the subwoofer plug.

• 2 weeks later...
That isn't a bad idea for "cheating" to amplify door speakers without running wires to the doors...

Sounds like what I did. I used SVX's harness out of the head unit to run 8 wires back to the Amps/Sub.(Basslink II w/4SC) Then I ran another set of 8 wires back into the other half of SVX's harness to send the doors power withoout having to run new wires to all 4 doors. I simply connected all the other wires (non-speaker) back together between harnesses.

If I'm going faster than you, Move Right.

Archived