LegacyGT.com

Legacy Hood...

inthedeck

I just washed and waxed my car last night...and noticed something that I did not notice when I test drove the car. The windhsield washer fluid nozzles are no longer on the hood. They are tucked underneath the hood, which makes the hood very easy to clean. I have to give Subaru credit for creating such an effortless hood to clean and wax. And I thought that the idea was REALLY cool...even though it's such a small factor in the vehicle, all together. Just a little note...in case no one else noticed/cared. later, i.

good thing to know, DM, as I haven't had the opportunity to use them yet...darn, should have tried them while washing the car. Oh well, next time, or even when it rains..or something. Is the spray sorta like the WRX? or even better? Later, i.

[quote name='inthedeck']good thing to know, DM, as I haven't had the opportunity to use them yet...darn, should have tried them while washing the car. Oh well, next time, or even when it rains..or something. Is the spray sorta like the WRX? or even better? Later, i.[/quote] I first tried them before washing the car. I try not to use it. It work good though, better than the WRX i'd say.

Actually, many other vehicles have the nozzles below the hood. My wife's 2000 Jetta has it and I was always wishing Subaru would do the same. Not only does it make the hood look cleaner (and easier to clean), it keeps those dried winshield wiper fluid spots from forming on the hood. Those are quite noticeable with dark paints. I believe Subaru even pointed out the new location of the nozzles in their intro PR. Ken

[quote name='Ken S']Actually, many other vehicles have the nozzles below the hood. [/quote] I've even seen some cars where the wiper fluid nozzles were mounted on the wiper arms themselves. It's nice as considering you get better coverage from a mobile nozzle, but the piping was overly complicated and kinked up every now and then.

[quote]I've even seen some cars where the wiper fluid nozzles were mounted on the wiper arms themselves. It's nice as considering you get better coverage from a mobile nozzle, but the piping was overly complicated and kinked up every now and then.[/quote] Actually, most American cars have these "Wet Arm" wipers. Very handy and effective..

Guest *Jedimaster*
It's a great place to have them- keeps them cleaner than being directly on the hood. The best place to have them, IMO, as far as spraying the windshield is on the wiper arms themselves. Also handy for spraying the cars next to you. :lol:

Archived