LegacyGT.com

Buying a turbo on Legacy GT = Not a good experience

Inspector Gadget

I've bought quite a few things from people here and, by and large, have had very positive experiences. I can't say that anymore.

I paid a LGT forum member with good iTrader history for a low mileage VF46 turbo on October 24th; he said he would ship it the following Monday and I should have it Thursday or Friday. He just didn't say which Thursday or Friday. It's been nearly three weeks since I paid him and two full weeks since since he was supposed to ship the turbo. No tracking number and no response from the seller.

The seller asked for payment as a gift or payment owed, but I am really glad I ponied-up the extra 3% so I could file a claim with PayPal.

The silver lining? I found a brand new VF46 close to home for less money.

Do I leave negative iTrader feedback for the seller?

I would absolutely leave negative feedback. Also I would contact the site mods so they are aware of the situation if the seller has gone MIA. Sorry to hear of your troubles- hopefully you get a full refund from PayPal at the very least. Good reminder of why we should not do the gift option unless absolutely certain of who we are dealing with.

PM this thread to him. Give him 1 day to ship it with a confirmation # or you'll post his name.

If he plans on sticking around the forum he'll ship or refund. If he stoled your monies he won't respond.

I expect he freaks out on you and somehow points the blame at you.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

For expensive items over $200 maybe I need to see a high volume of positive iTrader as opposed as someone that has been a member for only a month trying to sell an item like a turbo.

Also, members need to remember to update iTrader once a transaction has completed. This will help potential buyers/sellers in the future.

Let us know the outcome from PayPal.

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

As far as I know the seller has not responded to PayPal.

He has been a member here for 9 years and has 11 positive iTrader feedback ratings. Not a ton of ratings, but not zero either.

The seller has made no attempt to contact me since he sent the text pasted below on November 3rd.

Sorry, haven't been on the boards at all crazy week and weekend.

I gave the box to my assistant to drop at fedex last week. I'll be in the office in an hour or so and make sure they went out. I'll let you know.

Sorry again for the delayed reply

I am not a scammer. I refunded your money when I couldn't get the turbo shipped. I apologized for the delay and you got a full refund.

Life got crazy. I run my own business, have a family, got crazy. Paypal didn't decide, I refunded the payment. I have more than 100 positive feedbacks on various sites and nearly 300 on eBay.

Again, I'm not a scammer.

I am not a scammer. I refunded your money when I couldn't get the turbo shipped. I apologized for the delay and you got a full refund.

Life got crazy. I run my own business, have a family, got crazy. Paypal didn't decide, I refunded the payment. I have more than 100 positive feedbacks on various sites and nearly 300 on eBay.

Again, I'm not a scammer.

Maybe not a scammer, but a douchebag seems to fit in this situation.

3 weeks and no shipment?

Running a business is no excuse for going 3 weeks without shipment. Can't run a business for long with that poor service, either.

Your excuse stinks. Please douche, then go away.

Archived