LegacyGT.com

Water in reverse light (wagon)

Hi guys,

I opened my hatch recently and got dribbled on by a mysterious stream of water - coming from the reverse light bulb access panel. Upon closer look, I noticed condensation in the lens (from the outside). The water accumulated again after the last rain - my only guess is the seal on the lens is bad.

Anyone seen this - and is there an easy way to repair?

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
I have this same issue right now. After a steady, heavy rain, I notice a lot of condensation in the reverse light lens. I open the rear hatch and I get a steady stream of water pouring our of the access panel and out of the hatch pillar on that side {drivers side, FYI}. I think the water is settling in that bottom of the hatch and near the reverse light, but may be leaking from the rear window seal. I need to figure this out, and fix, and would appreciate any comments from others who have had the same issue. Thanks very much

The root of the problem is somehow there is moisture getting in the housing. You have to find that first or else any water you remove is just going to find its way back in. The easy way to get the water out is to remove the bulb so the moisture has somewhere to go and then heat the lens with a hair dryer. It would be easier if you could just shoot the heat right into the opening where the bulb goes, but the hot air has to have somewhere to come back out from or else the moisture won't leave, so stick to the slow way which actually works. ;) Then find the crack and seal it with silicone.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived