LegacyGT.com

BE/BH GT Headlights to JDM HID Wiring

Hey all, I've been asked a few times how to convert the stock GT wiring to JDM HID headlamps so I made a simple, easy to follow diagram for everyone to look at.

Here is the gold:

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/x387/stoggy95/legacy_be_bh_gt_to_jdm_hid.jpg

I hope this helps everyone in the future. Cheers.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
how about installing it in 02 legacy L???

can anyone help an old guy?

If you look at the INSIDE of the current 9007 headlight connector you will see three pins: one high in the center, 2 lower ones on the outside.

Typically, the middle one is ground, the left one is power for low beam and the right is power for high beam.

However, you'll have to figure out how the harness switches on the light bulb before you do anything, ie: does it use a negative ground to switch each power lead (in other words the connector pins will be reversed, the middle pin is power and the outer 2 are grounds).

If indeed the middle pin is hot at all times then you can wire it the same way as the GT lights.

If it does use a common ground and it switches the hot side then it's different but also easier (if you choose not to use a relay). You'll have 4 wires coming form the HID headlamp: 2 power, 2 ground. Connect both grounds together and connect to the ground pin in your vehicle headlight harness. Then, connect the low beam ground to the positive HID ballast wire. Connect the remaining wires together.

Hope this helps.

• 2 years later...
Middle pin ended up being the low beam ground on my 00 LGT BE. With the connector clip on top, from left to right: fist pin (red wire, (-) high beam ground, middle pin, yellow wire (-) Low beam ground, finally the last pin is a (+) thicker switched power source. It is blue with white stripe on the pass side and red with blue stripe on drivers side. I ended up blowing fuses wiring it to the middle pin as suggested in the first post. My advise is to test your wires regardless of what the internet tells you. (I ended up having to do this anyway). Lights are working perfectly now wired to relay. It also is suggested to unplug the DRLs under the dash. My car was a white connector to the left of the steering column.

• 1 year later...

Archived