LegacyGT.com

OFFICIAL: MN Meet thread

twisted

Hey it's getting nice out finally and thought I would throw up a post too see if there would be any interest in a meet. I am fairly active in MNSubaru and MNSOC, but haven't had a chance too meet up with anybody from here. I work up at St.Cloud Subaru, and I am sure my boss would not mind if we met up there on a saturday or sunday afternoon. I realize most people are probably down in the Twin Cities area, but thought I would just throw it out there.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BOXX is name be chance joe? i have emailed stcloudsubaru and talked to joe.

Ha I really don't fit in car wise but i live in central mn. the crosby mines are a great place to drive. if you dont mind testing your limets. anybody here drive there suby like this?? no street queens?

DSC00031.thumb.jpg.2f87b55e31fe2e34be04fdbe627a0b9f.jpg

Edited by amp27

• 9 months later...
anyone in Minneapolis? I'll be in town June 20-23. meet??

http://mnsubaru.com

We have Tuesday meets at Lake Calhoun that would fit your time frame. Usually spins up somewhere around 6:30 and winds down around 9, with optional bar shenanigans thereafter.

Map goodness:

[ame=http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=44.935876,-93.315744&aq=&sll=44.935884,-93.315707&sspn=0.001251,0.00284&ie=UTF8&ll=44.935204,-93.315827&spn=0.002503,0.005681&t=h&z=18]Lake Calhoun[/ame]

Oh... and there are RiceKiller meets Monday nights at Modern Automotive Performance. Those are a very different vibe though. I haven't decided whether I'm going to attend those with any regularity or not yet. You'd get a lot of attention. I'll put it that way.

is it ok if a new guy shows up to one of your meets? it would def have to be around the cities... or cloud works as well.

Sign up on the local forums mang. We do every Tuesday at the location mentioned above and every Friday at Como Park in St. Paul (subject to change, our usual spot is no good anymore due to lightrail construction, Como Park is probably going to be the next official spot but it's still up for debate).

We'll also be doing caravans down to MN Cars and Coffee for the remainder of the season. Those happen first Saturday of the month. You missed the LaX cruise with almost 50 cars last weekend. I believe we'll be doing another Duluth cruise in the fall, but don't quote me on that.

Edited by SurlyOldManMN

The Tuesday/Friday meets are very laid back. It's just a bunch of local scoob folks hanging out at the park/beach/milling around the cars. Sometimes we go out for some drinks after dark. It's a good place to bounce questions off people, see what kind of projects are going on locally and catch up on upcoming events. Fridays used to be at Firestone on University where there was consistently interesting car/people watching. If we find another spot like that we'll probably scoop it up.

I haven't actually been on a Duluth cruise yet. The LaX cruise was very mellow. Caravan from Mpls -> La Crosse with a whole bunch of scoobs, hang out at park and have some food, optionally camping/shenanigans.

We're a pretty easy going bunch. It's one of the more welcoming car clubs I've encountered. If you're more in to the alpha-male gearhead thing you'll feel out of place, fair warning.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Not much going on this weekend. You could always jump on mnsubaru.com and try to get a cruise arranged...

If you want OEM parts, Morries Minnetonka Subaru is the spot. MNSubaru members get a 20% discount there. A couple of our members are techs for them, not sure if they can swing something for out of town visitors or not.

The big ones for after market scoob stuff is RS Motors and Modern Automotive Performance (also home to AWD dynos). They both tend to dropship anything not made in-house, so probably not worth going out of your way unless you want something fabricated. Grimmspeed is also here if you were planning on picking up something from them but don't want to pay shipping.

Edited by SurlyOldManMN

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

are you aware of the kona meet up on wednesdays at 9 pm?

bunch of hooligans that are into cars meet up at kona grill at 9 in eden prairie.

lot of younger guys. i feel old there at 25, but there are a few guys that are actually old enough to remember oregon trail video game in black and white.

I could suck start a snow blower.