LegacyGT.com

22T wiring harness swap?

As some of you know I have a 22T that I want to swap into my 95 L. I have been considering doing a stroker hybrid build. However I am finding the stock 22T to be a lot of fun in my SS. So now I am considering swapping the stock 22T into the L.

I know that most swaps require a harness merge. But I might be able to pull a complete wiring harness from a touring wagon as well as the 22T ecu. My question is instead of doing a merge couldn't I just swap the whole harness over?

I'm not worried about going from obd2 to obd1. Since my L is from 95 I can still pass safety and emissions even if I swap to obd1.

I am thinking about going this route because it will be a lot cheaper than going the stroker route and I have access to everything I would need to do a stock 22T swap. Of course a stroker build would be awesome but also way more expensive.

I went to pull the harness from the touring wagon at the junkyard but it was gone! :( It was there Sunday. I figured I'd pull it just in case I decided to go the stock route.

I did some research and it appears to be a pretty easy swap into a 1st gen. You just move some pins around and plug in the 22T ecu. The swap into a second gen appears to be a little more complicated like you said subikid90.

Guess I'll just have to use my WRX harness and do the stroker build, lol.

Didn't go home empty handed though. I found a nearly perfect, rust free passenger side fender for my SS. Only one tiny ding. The original one has a huge rust hole at the bottom that I don't care to fix.

Archived