LegacyGT.com

is everyone getting tired of their cars?

not sure where to post this ... so this seemed like a good place.

i was taking a look at the classifieds and there's more 05 legacy posts than (it seems) cars actually produced. are you all getting tired of the car so fast? i know for some people life beckons and they NEED something to meet new needs/financial situations, but that can't be everybody.

so what is it? boredom? better cars on the market now? i might be tempted by the new bmw m3 or vw r32 when they come out (yes i know they're totally different market segments, but i can't help it ... i'm a vw fan boy at heart). still, every night when i drive the LGT, i feel happy.

I think your also looking at a much smaller part of the population that buy cars. People on car forums tend to be into modifying their cars and at first it is exciting and fun, then after a while they feel like they have done just about everything they'd want and need a new challenge. I wish I could say that was me, I don't have the cash to buy a car every couple of years and mod the crap out of it.

Personally I'm waiting until the factory warranty expires - another 3k miles. At that time I will start modding. Tired of the car? Not yet. I got tired of my A4 in a hurry, but this car is so much more than the A4 was.

I am tired of seeing my car sitting in the garage.

I love my car, but the weather has not been kind, so I guess I'll be driving the Geo for a while longer.

Why not take it out and drive it? Subaru's shine in inclement weather.

Like other people said, the car is 3 years old now. People start to move on, not everyone keeps a car for 5+years. I haven't kept a car longer than 3 years myself.

Soon we will see an influx of new member with used Legacy's that they are buying off of the original owners.

Super JDM part out: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65039

PM me an offer!

We love ours still both wife/I. I cannot think of any negative after 1.5 years/24k miles of ownership.

My wife's incredible choice for a mommy mobile.

:)

Not tired of the LGT at all, I plan on keeping this car for at least 10 years. That is why I can justify the mods. If you are going to drive something longterm, you may as well get it set up to how you like it. The LGT is also my wife's incredible choice for a family car, God I love her:icon_wink

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

not sure where to post this ... so this seemed like a good place.

i was taking a look at the classifieds and there's more 05 legacy posts than (it seems) cars actually produced. are you all getting tired of the car so fast? i know for some people life beckons and they NEED something to meet new needs/financial situations, but that can't be everybody.

so what is it? boredom? better cars on the market now? i might be tempted by the new bmw m3 or vw r32 when they come out (yes i know they're totally different market segments, but i can't help it ... i'm a vw fan boy at heart). still, every night when i drive the LGT, i feel happy.

Love the car. I have almost 18,000 miles on it (after 16 months of ownership) and it's been bullet proof so far. I keep shiny and enjoy the drive.

I think your also looking at a much smaller part of the population that buy cars. People on car forums tend to be into modifying their cars and at first it is exciting and fun, then after a while they feel like they have done just about everything they'd want and need a new challenge. I wish I could say that was me, I don't have the cash to buy a car every couple of years and mod the crap out of it.

Yeah, you're right about that part. The "enthusiast" scene is quite a bit different from general consumers. Still, I guess I'm surprised how quickly the enthusiasts move on in the Subie crowd. It seems like the Vdub people have their new S4 AND a heavily modded older car.

Plus, I guess a lot of the sellers feel there's something better on the market ... which I'm not seeing right now.

Alright, mystery solved. Thanks guys.

I like my car more after 2 years than I did when I got it. It's really enjoyable to drive at Stage 2. I can't wait to do some real mods and really get it running right.

I don't know of any other car out there I'd want to own. I hate 2wd because I want to be able to use all of my power all the time.

I also didn't wait too long regarding the warranty. I gave it long enough to see if anything was fubar'ed from the factory. Once I was sure it was ok, it was time to mod because anything I broke after that was my fault anyway. Like others, I plan to keep this car at least another 5+ years.

Last two cars I have driven regularly were 14 years and 12 years old when I stopped driving them day-to-day. I would love a new car every 3 years, but I don't have the money that I would want to pee away on depreciation.
It is still ugly.

I still love my 05' that I bought in July 05'. Just hit 26,000 miles and I'm at Stage 2, so I keep smiling.

I will have this car until I move out of the city and into a house. I realized a new car and city living is too expensive(parking) and frustrating (roads).

Denial is your best friend

Archived