LegacyGT.com

Brand new never been Subaru owner!!

Hi guys/gals my girlfriend was in need of a new car. After many many test drives and hair pulling search for a girl that can't make her mind up we found it. It was almost a 2011 AWD Fusion but she is now the proud owner of a 2008 Subaru Legacy GT auto black on black. This car is very nice fully loaded, 44k, navi, heater everything, perfect carfax, etc. etc. I am mostly a Ford brand guy but I really liked the way this car looked, stance, power, and Subaru seems to have a great track record and I am the one that actually convinced her to get it and she has now thanked me for that.

I do however have a few questions:

1. Previous owner always used Rotella 5w-40 Synthetic safe staying with that?

2. I am not looking for HP upgrades or wanting to supe it up by any means as I want it to be a very practical DD and reliable. Saying that I do know however that OEM has glaring designs in all brands and is there "must do" mods to benifit from. For example is a cold air a benefit for it will actuall improve MPG same with a catback. Is there a tire these cars seem to love? etc. I am not looking to get into anything that needs a tune.

I am a mechanic of 15+ years meaning I actually get a paycheck not just experience but my background is mainly domestic. Is there much of a learning curve or are these built pretty straight forward?

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum. Read the sticky at top about who has the most miles.

There is a lot of how too's on here.

X1 for keep the stock intake, it's hard to beat.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Nice car! These are fairly simple cars across the trims (2.5i, GT and 3.0R) 95% of interior and body parts fits across the trims if you are ever in the market for them. Engine parts are shared with other Turbo Subaru models i.e. WRX, FXT, OBXT. Maintenance is fairly simple CHECK YOUR OIL :) Rotate tires regularly and hit he major maintenance intervals and you can easily go the distance.

Enjoy

Welcome to the forums ^^^ +1 Shell Rotella is good stuff, been using it for a while.

Oh Yea...:needpics:

Sorry just a couple is all I have

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h191/oachs83/Sub1.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h191/oachs83/sub2.jpg

Welcome!

Subies are actually pretty easy to work on aside from the valve cover to frame clearance you will be just fine. If you ever have any tech questions please feel free to drop is a line.

Thanks, Benny

Ill do a search as well but since you asked. Where about is the location of the screen banjo fitting for the turbo? I hear it is a good idea to keep that clean to save the turbo from destruction. I also hear it can be hard to find. Thanks

Ill do a search as well but since you asked. Where about is the location of the screen banjo fitting for the turbo? I hear it is a good idea to keep that clean to save the turbo from destruction. I also hear it can be hard to find. Thanks

There is a DIY thread on removing it. If you have 05-06 remove it. 07 + doesn't have it.

Go figure....

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Yeah i just literally read that 07+ does not have it. I was sitting there reading the posts and hearing horror stories and also stories that people with 100k or more miles filter was spotless. Then I continue to read aboout how big a PITA they are to remove and was not looking forward to do them but want to be safe than sorry. I finally read a post saying 07+ do not have them and since hers is a 08 I was pleased.

Very nice!! I'm sorry about the auto trans though, that's very unfortunate :(

climberD has a fix for that, I believe. Check him out in the tranny forum.

Archived